Don't mess with de Beast

Nige is a legend! He is one of my favourite signings, a real monster of a man who gets the job done with no fuss. Top man!

it was an awesome tackle!! watched in slow motion ..even better!!

serves the little fucker right for diving earlier! hopes he is hobbling for days !!

Dont mess with "The Beast"

Don't get me wrong, I love the guy and he's been impressive this year, putting in some MOTM performances but imagine if that tackle had been on SWP or Bellamy. This board would have been in flames.

One of the images of the season already, Young went absolutely flying!!

Though we don't want him doing that all the time, it was a bit to close to the penalty area for comfort!

harry the plumber said:
Let`s not get carried away.That tackle was a disgrace.
When D J wins 50 50 tackles he is a great player but that wasn`t one of his best,and if that tackle puts him up with the best then Michael Brown must be up there with him.

It was a good tackle. He put their best player out of the game without getting a redcard. World class tackle, had he only won the ball it wouldnt have been.

acquiesce said:
Don't get me wrong, I love the guy and he's been impressive this year, putting in some MOTM performances but imagine if that tackle had been on SWP or Bellamy. This board would have been in flames.

You mean like the really bad tackle on SWP that knocked him flying of the pitch. Get a grip fella SWP gets brutallised near enough every bleeding match and the numpties on here think hes not playing at his best.

Did NDJ not come off worse. I think that was where he got injured.

harry the plumber said:
Let`s not get carried away.That tackle was a disgrace.
When D J wins 50 50 tackles he is a great player but that wasn`t one of his best,and if that tackle puts him up with the best then Michael Brown must be up there with him.

Completely disagree with that. Keane on Haaland was a disgrace. Ade on van Persie was (dare I say it) a disgrace. The challenge that put Eduardo out for 18 months wasn't a discgrace, it was one of those horrific things that happen in football.

Last night NDJ's challenge on Young was a badly mistimed tackle, and it deserved a yellow. It was a free kick and they could have scored from it, but they didn't. End of. It certainly wasn't a malicious challenge and I for one don't think that de Jong is a thug in any way shape or form.

What I loved about the challenge on Ashley Young was that however badly timed on that occasion, the power in NDJ's tackles is self evident - hence the OP. Had NDJ won the ball, I don't think that the end result in terms of Ashley Young's somersault would have been any different.

We have needed a strong ball winner - without being a turd of the Barton/Savage variety - for some time, and now we have got one.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.