Don't mess with de Beast

Chris in London said:
harry the plumber said:
Let`s not get carried away.That tackle was a disgrace.
When D J wins 50 50 tackles he is a great player but that wasn`t one of his best,and if that tackle puts him up with the best then Michael Brown must be up there with him.

Completely disagree with that. Keane on Haaland was a disgrace. Ade on van Persie was (dare I say it) a disgrace. The challenge that put Eduardo out for 18 months wasn't a discgrace, it was one of those horrific things that happen in football.

Last night NDJ's challenge on Young was a badly mistimed tackle, and it deserved a yellow. It was a free kick and they could have scored from it, but they didn't. End of. It certainly wasn't a malicious challenge and I for one don't think that de Jong is a thug in any way shape or form.

What I loved about the challenge on Ashley Young was that however badly timed on that occasion, the power in NDJ's tackles is self evident - hence the OP. Had NDJ won the ball, I don't think that the end result in terms of Ashley Young's somersault would have been any different.

We have needed a strong ball winner - without being a turd of the Barton/Savage variety - for some time, and now we have got one.

This is the best post i have read today. Very well said!

This thread has made me laugh out loud in public, that picture is priceless!

Challenger1978 said:
acquiesce said:
Don't get me wrong, I love the guy and he's been impressive this year, putting in some MOTM performances but imagine if that tackle had been on SWP or Bellamy. This board would have been in flames.

You mean like the really bad tackle on SWP that knocked him flying of the pitch. Get a grip fella SWP gets brutallised near enough every bleeding match and the numpties on here think hes not playing at his best.

So true !

Refs somehow don't seem to see half the stuff that gets inflicted on SWP.

Not much of a beast if he hobbles off after 50mins. Young lasted till 82mins. Dunne put him out off action. Alway meet your match eventually.

lastmanback said:
Not much of a beast if he hobbles off after 50mins. Young lasted till 82mins. Dunne put him out off action. Alway meet your match eventually.

So you are saying Young is harder than De Jong? You are saying Dunne is a match for De Jong?

You sir are a fuckwit

BibbyBlue85 said:
lastmanback said:

So you are saying Young is harder than De Jong? You are saying Dunne is a match for De Jong?

You sir are a fuckwit
No sir, you are the fuckwit because, on his day, the Dunnie Monster can easily be a good match for De Jong, although Vincent Kompany is arguably better than the pair of them...and that tackle came very close to earning Nigel a red card, which would probably have cost us two valuable points.

lionheart said:
BibbyBlue85 said:

You sir are a fuckwit
No sir, you are the fuckwit because, on his day, the Dunnie Monster can easily be a good match for De Jong, although Vincent Kompany is arguably better than the pair of them...and that tackle came very close to earning Nigel a red card, which would probably have cost us two valuable points.

dunney monster !!,your having a laugh,so you sir are indeed a fuckwit,probably one of the sadossinging his name on the way out last night,yes he was o good servant,he got well paid for it end of an era so get over it !!.DE JONG is top draw,he derserves a song,we were shouting bbbbbbbbeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaasssssssssssssssstttt,last night and got ignored !.

I know this will probably annoy a lot of people and I will get told I'm a fuckwit, but anyway, I think De Jong and the job he does for the team is massively overrated. Yeah he puts in the odd great tackle/interception, having said that ireland did that just as much when he came on. The problem for me though is that he creates nothing and as a result our play slows down when he gets the ball. When ireland was on, we attacked a lot more and as a result have to defend less, as we can see from last night, when second half, villa struggled to create any great chances, whereas with a few better passes in the final third, we could have bagged a couple more. when de jong went off barry slipped back into that dm position, (like for england) and i felt he lookied much more comfortable and as a result we started creating chances from deeper, and it also meant that toure didnt have to surge forward all the time as barry is very capable of starting a move. anyway rant over, just my opinion.

citygal1 said:
young fought DE JONG

DE JONG WON!

haha love the guy

thats quality sounds like we have a song for him!!!

to the sound of the clash!

"i fought the law and the law won!!"

young fought de jong, and de jong won!

bluedan12 said:
I know this will probably annoy a lot of people and I will get told I'm a fuckwit, but anyway, I think De Jong and the job he does for the team is massively overrated. Yeah he puts in the odd great tackle/interception, having said that ireland did that just as much when he came on. The problem for me though is that he creates nothing and as a result our play slows down when he gets the ball. When ireland was on, we attacked a lot more and as a result have to defend less, as we can see from last night, when second half, villa struggled to create any great chances, whereas with a few better passes in the final third, we could have bagged a couple more. when de jong went off barry slipped back into that dm position, (like for england) and i felt he lookied much more comfortable and as a result we started creating chances from deeper, and it also meant that toure didnt have to surge forward all the time as barry is very capable of starting a move. anyway rant over, just my opinion.

Ireland is a great talent but if you asked him to play De Jong's role he couldn't do it as he's weak in the tackle, Ireland has other attributes.
Historically the best sides have always had the beasts as well as the beauty and we needed someone like De Jong

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.