Dortmund Away

Biffo123

Not seen much posted on here re this game , just booked on the club trip with tickets available to book tomorrow , tickets priced at £16.50 standing and £58 seated ?
Looks like standing is the much better option but can anyone offer an opinion who may have been before

Struggling with this game regarding flights and accommodation. As cost of hotels and flights are huge .
What’s the best way of doing this trip

Not seen much posted on here re this game , just booked on the club trip with tickets available to book tomorrow , tickets priced at £16.50 standing and £58 seated ?
Looks like standing is the much better option but can anyone offer an opinion who may have been before
Think it’s just safe standing isn’t it. When I went it was just seats behind the goal with everyone stood up.

Yeah i assume its safe standing , not sat down at an away day in years but was just wondering if the different seats were situated in different areas or are the seated seats just positioned further back ?
Will see what the options are tomorrow , cheers

Just bought tickets and no designated seat or row which suggests it's not safe standing and is just terraces

Struggling with this game regarding flights and accommodation. As cost of hotels and flights are huge .
Flights seem tricky. I'm thinking of a road trip/eurotunnel. would have two spare seats if I did...out Tues, back weds

We’ve managed to do the whole trip for £105
Flights £31
Hotel £58 for 2 nights
Ticket £16.50
Cheapest trip we’ve ever done!!

This is the first year UEFA is allowing standing sections. Previously, Dortmund and other German clubs had to install seats for European games as standing sections were banned (obviously most would stand in these areas anyway). This reduced capacity at Dortmund from circa 82k to 66k.

With the restriction removed there will be 82k there, and it will be proper terracing, with only the occasional crush barrier as shown in the far end of this picture
img_4202.jpg

I am surprised at the price difference. I would have expected around £30-35 for the seated tickets, so I wonder whether the ones available initially are the expensive ones equivalent to the area we give to away fans in Colin Bell Level 2. I dont know whether this is true, just speculating.

When Copenhagen played Dortmund, they had to sell out the standing section before the seated section was made available. If this is the case, the seats above the standing section into the corner are ususally given to the away side. I'm not sure how many we will take to this though (it wont be 4k).

To answer your initial question, I think based on the price difference, if you can stand for the whole game its an easy choice.

Flights seem tricky. I'm thinking of a road trip/eurotunnel. would have two spare seats if I did...out Tues, back weds
Last time we did it, we flew to Charleroi with ryan air, hired a car between four of us and got an ibis in the centre. £135 all in inc fuel/match ticket. Was a few years ago so wont be as cheap obvs.

Nice drive thru Germany tho!! The fan park (away friendly) at Dortmund was great, was near the club shop/away end from memory

We’ve managed to do the whole trip for £105
Flights £31
Hotel £58 for 2 nights
Ticket £16.50
Cheapest trip we’ve ever done!!
You done well finding £31 flights and hotel for £58 as well I'm usually pretty good but can't get anywhere near that. :-)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.