Dortmund Fans

I admire German fans for their "on the stadium" activities, I admire Dortmund as a team and their style of football as well as their fans for the support of their team.

But I just don't like Germans talking about football with all their arrogance, "our way is the best way" and similar crap. Most of them are little Watzkes and Hoenesses.

Mike N said:
BVBler said:

Biggest crowds in Germany but no money? Ok.

We have paid dearly for the CL victory in the 90's, about 200 million € to reduce debt and we had pretty quickly otherwise one would have revoked the license in 2005.

Our stadium is ours only since 2007 itself I think can be in 2009.

BVBler said:
We have a big stadium (the wall awaits you, and then we want to hear you sing!) But we have no money

Look at that, because you have to but tears come when ye hear in a German stadium. (We are the only one in Germany, the official may sing this song at the stadium :)

Celtic, Tottenham, City .......

and the Reds ...... Liverpool.FC sorry :)

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lp22ziCYqfU&feature=related[/youtube]
I don't think you will be disappointed with our following in Dortmund, unless we are already in a position we can't qualify, or we play as crap as we did last night. Our away support is generally quite loud, though as you sang last night we do have a tendency to "sing when we are winning" at home games.

ballinio said:
Soulboy said:
Watching the Dortmund fans last night was pure entertainment. The way they all sang in tune, bounced together, waved their scarves in unison.

It reminded me that the Germans always did do a good marching tune... a bit like Cabaret?

And every bit as orchestrated and lacking in spontaneity.

I prefer my football with more passion, humour and off-the-cuff.

You can keep the foreign clubs with their loudspeakers, and drums, and cheerleaders. If I wanted that I'd watch Wrestling.

All the Dortrmund fans were lacking was a step ladder and face-painting...
with you on this, its utter organised garbage, ok for novelty value then it becomes tedius & boring, did any of them actually watch the game ?

What?

You wanted them to watch the game as well as perform Strictly Come Dancing, The X-Factor and Chrimbo Pantomime all the same time?

I know the Germans are efficient, but even they know their limitations!

Funny for 20 minutes then boring as fuck for the rest of the match.

I'm old skool... I like football fans at football matches rather than poseurs and Glee Club devotees...

MSP said:
I admire German fans for their "on the stadium" activities, I admire Dortmund as a team and their style of football as well as their fans for the support of their team.

But I just don't like Germans talking about football with all their arrogance, "our way is the best way" and similar crap. Most of them are little Watzkes and Hoenesses.

My respect for German fans comes from their demand for fair priced match tickets and as opoposed to grumbling about it they take direct action.

When I first went to a German game (Schalke) I was blown away. Since then I have returned for Hamburg, gone to Frankfurt and to Bremen. Schalke, Like Hamburg, Frankfurt having very similar stadiums, are located far out of the city centre (nr parks) and to be honest are pretty souless places as you start to realise the grounds are so similar.

Bremen was different. Designed like an old fashioned football stadium, not far from the town centre which gave it more character and a more enjoiyable football experience.

Yes the atmosphere is good. But similarly to English grounds it is one end of the stadium with the other stands mainly sat in silence. Also it was heaviliy choreographed. Personally I prefer the Italian stadiums which show real passion as a response to the events on the pitch, with the whistling and berating of there own players as well as the opposition.

They were just my refelections on the games I have been.

I'm not sure where those "cheap tickets" come from, I've read here that they pay as low as 15 eur per match. I have some friend in Stuttgart and he told me that he pays 45 eur for ticket. That's not cheap at all.

But whatever it costs their "our way is best way" goes on my tits..

MSP said:
I'm not sure where those "cheap tickets" come from, I've read here that they pay as low as 15 eur per match. I have some friend in Stuttgart and he told me that he pays 45 eur for ticket. That's not cheap at all.

But whatever it costs their "our way is best way" goes on my tits..

I paid ten euros for Werder Bremen V Bayern two years ago. Frankfurt V Schalke cost me if memory serves me correct 20 euros.

Dortmund on and off the pitch were tremendous, the Bundesliga is an obvious success story but why oh why do the clubs have such obnoxious, arrogant, opinionated prick's running their clubs venting their rhetoric about FFP at every opportunity? ( nothing about PSG though)

These miserable f@ckers in our support bemoaning what they saw from the dortmund fans in my experience are usually the first to pipe up if the players dont show the 'passion' for the team.

Frankly these 'fans are an embarrassment to the club and i can only assume that they just dont share the same passion for the club.

You can imagine the conversation in the summer if we were to go in for someone like Goetze. 'Mario' come to city we really want you to sign'

'What, and have to play in front of that passionless soulless lot of fans who wont cheer or chant or use drums to create a better atmosphere because they think it's 'sad', er no thanks not very inspiring tbh plus ive got an offer from athletico and their fans create a cauldron, so i'll be off there'

I take pride in my club, i want visiting fans to come to our ground and go on social media, twitter, facebook and remark on what an amazing set of passionate fans we are, loud and proud who back their club to the hilt' THAT is how you answerthe critics and spread the name of our great club.I want opposition fans going away remarking on how good our fans are. Insteadthey will go back and say a load of plastics, a club withno soul who areonly there because of the money. Its not true but that is the conclusion they will draw.

I find it hard to criticise those there to some degree because at least they ' bothered' unlike the thousands who demonstrated their apathy.

If you go to the game you are not there to just watchyou 'should' betereto support. If you cared about the club you wouldnt do anything other.

Do not be surprised if I do not respond to negative statements given about Germans'm, i'am a happy living foreigner in Germany.

But Interesant as some here think of the Germans.

The wall in the brain must be large if 60 years after World War 2 still thinks you should pick on Germany.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.