Dortmund (H) - CL QF | Post-Match Thread

Went into a 50:50 at full speed with studs up which endangers the opposition player whether goalie or not.....anywhere else on the pitch it's a free kick so correct decision for me. The fact he got the ball doesn't matter, the dangerous play came first. Refs frequently give free kicks for that even when there's no contact.

Went into a 50:50 at full speed with studs up which endangers the opposition player whether goalie or not.....anywhere else on the pitch it's a free kick so correct decision for me. The fact he got the ball doesn't matter, the dangerous play came first. Refs frequently give free kicks for that even when there's no contact.
The goal should have been given,i would have been well fucked off if it happened to us.

edit - was responding to Courtneyneild and BBS.....crap with technology :-)

The goal should have been given,i would have been well fucked off if it happened to us.
Eddie cocked up, I'm not disputing that, but its still a foul for me.....have seen them given both ways though as others have said. We were a little bit lucky.

I certainly think the Can challenge on Rodri was a penalty. Can flailed his leg backwards onto Rodri's leg with no attempt to play the ball. A penalty all day. The problem was that the referee didn't like Rodri's theatrical behaviour...and I don't blame him really. The Bellingham one should have been allowed. He got the ball and his studs were not that high.

100%, he stuck his leg out deliberately with no idea where his leg was going and made clear contact with Rodri's knee. Penalty all day long irrespective of Rodri's hysterical reaction. Yet still a far less hysterical response than most of Salads or Kane's dives.

That said, the referee was sh*t and I would have been fuming if we had a perfectly good goal ruled out like they did.

Love it. “Shit performance”
OK "shit performance" was over the top but I said that right after the game and I was pissed at the sloppy errors we made, the team looked nervous and Dortmund are still totally in the tie, anyway that game's done and hopefully we will go through.

100%, he stuck his leg out deliberately with no idea where his leg was going and made clear contact with Rodri's knee. Penalty all day long irrespective of Rodri's hysterical reaction. Yet still a far less hysterical response than most of Salads or Kane's dives.

That said, the referee was sh*t and I would have been fuming if we had a perfectly good goal ruled out like they did.
If he holds his knee I think the penalty stands.

No one should feel sorry for Dortmund or any of our opponents. All these clubs want is to burn us.

Hopefully we score handball goal in the 2nd leg.

No one should feel sorry for Dortmund or any of our opponents. All these clubs want is to burn us.

Hopefully we score handball goal in the 2nd leg.
We got treat unfairly in the past doesn't mean other teams/people should get the same treatment in the future.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.