Dortmund (H) - CL QF | Post-Match Thread

We played very well in the last 30 minutes. Foden was brilliant but the final ball was a bit missing. Kevin was excellent.

Normally, 2:1 is not a great result but with no fans at the grounds in both legs the dynamics is a bit different. Think we will win at Dortmund as well.

Last edited:
A decent, if not strong, performance. I can count their chances on the fingers of 2 fingers while we had plenty and should have buried the match by 70. Why do we have so many members of the matchday thread talking about how shit we were and how 'for fucks sake Pep' should bring this player and that player on when we were well on top in the game? On another night Phil could have a hattrick and he keeps showing that he really can become a player at the top of the world game.

Once again we produce a shit performance in a quarter final against a far inferior team, this time we managed to just get the win but this tie is far from over when it should have been dead and buried.

Phew. I can see us beating them over there. We can't play as badly as that over there surely?
Dias was pap tonight, been running on empty for weeks now.
KDB was star man tonight and drove us forward.
Rodri was poor and not sure what that face holding was in the first half?
Too many players wanting too much time on the ball tonight.
Foden was superb but could have scored a couple more.
Still expect us to get through, we will score at least one over there but perhaps with a different formation?

The game came too soon after interuptus internatious. So no surprise I guess that some of our players weren't in sync.

Hopefully in the return leg we'll be more on form.

Think city suffered through Pep over bigging them up, just as he does before we play the rags

It's complicated though isn't it? The striker we think is going to be the answer had one shooting chance all game and he missed.

That's not me knocking him, it's just that it happens, and will continue to happen.
Took us what seemed about 6 or 7 shots on target to get the second goal. Although we deserved the win we really should have had a couple more goals.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.