Dortmund (H) - CL QF | Post-Match Thread

My only concern for the second leg is that pep might tinker and overthink it,we weren’t that great tonight played in patches and some players looked jaded or just off the pace,interesting that Dortmund tired last 10-15 mins ..
there at Stuttgart on Sat and its a must win or there not looking at making the CL,lets hope they put there energy into that

You can bet your bottom dollar the commentary
and pundit teams did not favour Madrid no matter how well deserved or criticise the dippers also no matter how well deserved.
They can stick their flickering candles up their arses.
I had to turn it down 2nd half. You can bet your last fiver this won't be a loss - it'll be setting things up for a 'magical' European night at klanfield. Thankfully I don't think we rely on such magic and home / away isn't that big a deal for us - just hope we put leeds to bed early with minimum effort.

Not the best performance but the players stuck at it. Missed chances, some nice play by a few standout players, and misplaced passing. It was all there. Will be an interesting second leg.

Glad to have got the win.

Her indoors wasn't really watching the game but she said " bloody hell how happy do they sound now Dortmund have scored"
Darke and Jenas want fucking off.. They are absolutely a pair of twats..
Jenas was almost crying when ref gave us the penalty.. That's not a pen.. It cant be.. If it was the dippers or the rags he would be saying it was a nailed on pen.
Maybe its a Kop thing

Best opponents this season in my view. They played to their strengths and we did well restricting them apart from a few lapses.

We wasted a few chances to get the killer second before they scored. Foden and Kev were brilliant. Pity a few others looked a bit off their usual game. Least we have a lead to take there and see the job through hopefully.

Before the game I would have picked the same team.

For next week I'd drop Gundog for Jesus and drop Bernardo back into midfield. We need that extra zip there and the presence of Jesus in the centre.

I'd also consider Walker off for Cancelo and Zinchenko in at left back, but it's a bit risky given their pace on the break. On the flipside Walker played with fire a couple of times tonight taking too many touches and nearly giving them chances. So on balance I'd do it.

We'll play better in the second leg (hopefully), and we'll score there.

I though we were poor tonight, never had any real control, in fact just as I thought we'd taken control they equalised.

We should go through, we are a better team, but we didn't show it tonight.

Won't get away with that type of performance twice. Too many players not good tonight. Gundogan and Cancelo were invisible, Rodri very slow and caught in possession. We were relying on KDB and Foden. Shows the difference between the Prem and the highest European level.

Don’t think we was poor as some have said , we edged a very tight game ,

next week is now a final and we have a one goal lead
Ok
They have the away goal ,but if we don’t score in Dortmund or try to see the game out 0-0 we do not deserve to go through

better more attack minded players to come into our team

I predict 3-1 to City

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.