Dortmund (H) - CL QF | Post-Match Thread

BT commentary is worse than Sky's for anti-city slants but to be fair the studio panels are better than they used to be. At least we had Lescott and Hargreaves to add some balance at half time and post match. I seem to remember they used to give us Camelgob, Jenas and Scoles on top of the blatantly biased commentary some CL nights.

At least there has been some progress, if only they could do away with the root for the other team mantra for the commentators. Then they might start adding the the match experience as their supposed to, rather than taking away from it, as they have been for so long now.

Last edited:
These two obviously know each other....

EyUblQBXAAwqNSs

Maybe back in the day when they were youth players for their national teams?
Phil mate Norwegian sardine tastes better then icelandic salmon.

centre forward is a key position as well. We may get away with the system in a below par premier league, we wont be so lucky in a tight CL tie. Look at Lyon last year.
Let’s go back to 442 then! Give you head a wobble and realise we won “again”

I’ll be surprised if Rodri starts the second leg. He is a fine player against most opposition but Dortmund are precisely the worst team for him to face, a hard pressing side with more than a bit of passing and ball retention quality that brutally exposes his lack of pace/mobility. Sadly he was left chasing shadows all night as they passed and ran around him and he offered little defensive protection in front of Dias and Stones. Ferna is a must for next Wednesday imo, even if only for the first hour or so. I’d be much happier seeing Rodders in the line up against the likes of PSG or Madrid

In your opinion. Not sharing your opinion doesn't make anyone a happy clapper. I know what an average performance by Kevin is. Tonight wasn't one of 'em. What I saw tonight was solidity with a killer pass to Ilkay for Foden's goal at a tense point in the game, and his own goal. Not average. We'll have to disagree on this one.
So one pass and all of a sudden in that last minute KDB is the MOTM.
I have just proved my point ... and there`s NOT a bigger fan than me of Kev.

I’ll be surprised if Rodri starts the second leg. He is a fine player against most opposition but Dortmund are precisely the worst team for him to face, a hard pressing side with more than a bit of passing and ball retention quality that brutally exposes his lack of pace/mobility. Sadly he was left chasing shadows all night as they passed and ran around him and he offered little defensive protection in front of Dias and Stones. Ferna is a must for next Wednesday imo, even if only for the first hour or so. I’d be much happier seeing Rodders in the line up against the likes of PSG or Madrid
Likewise I have to agree with you,
I was not unhappy with the team selection but the longer the game went on then it was obvious that Ferno should have replaced Rodders.
I firmly believe that Ferno will start next Wednesday in place of Rodders.

The way Haaland put Dias on his ass
Was absolutely bonkers!
What a player
Look at it another way. He didn’t put away a fairly straightforward one on one

Sterling would get hammered for that !!

by the way I think we shoujd pull out all the stops to sign him. 40 goals a season guaranteed in our team

Being the unknown quantity in the first game suited Dortmund but City can play far better than they did tonight and they still came away with a deserved victory. I expect City to be more in control for the second leg, now that they have the measure of Dortmund from tonight's game. City have more gears to find than Dortmund do, upfront(Mahrez, Jesus, Sterling perhaps) but especially in midfield.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.