Dortmund (H) - CL QF | Post-Match Thread

Didn't enjoy that game last night from a City point of view. Felt like all of our vulnerabilities were back.

Glad we managed to get that late goal though as we didn't want to go there behind the 8 ball definitely needing a goal.

Thought Rodri, Walker and Cancelo were poor. Rodri had his worst game in months. Dias, to an extent, wasn't great but Haaland looks a physical monster to play against. Walker showed again why he isn't quite world class. At the very very top level, you can't get away with the ball watching you can get away with in some Premier League games.
Yep - and all our vulnerabilities as supporters were back too ;-)

I've seen similar takes to this, why do people think he had such a bad game? He made the one mistake, but also made one great block and martialed the defence to his usual standard. I guess that's the level we expect from him now, zero mistakes.
I would agree with that. OK possibly not his best game for us by his usual standards and he got outmuscled by Haaland too easily when he burst through, but no doubt he'll look at that and learn from it, because he seems that type of player. His organisation and leadership were still immense last night. No concerns for me.

I thought Mahrez had a decent run last night, I am glad we didn’t see Sterling as I don’t think he has the control that Mahrez has.
They know how to attack, but the amount of times we LET them into the box was shocking.
As for the lad nicking the ball off Eddy, we have seen in most games now, you can’t do that, yet Penus Jenas was screaming for it to be allowed, and when they did it on the edge of their box to Kev, it was a very muted comment.

Fatigue played a big part last night. For example, Cancelo looked tired. He had a poor game against Serbia last week. So many players not mentally or physically ready for the running needed to close Dortmund. We will see a different team next Wednesday. Big win considering the points above and the pitch condition.

Haaland is an excellent player, but Pep would not put up with him strolling around the pitch when they did not have the ball. Like Pep said we go out to win the second leg snd think we will.
He may have been following his coaches instructions
It seemed like they nullified Cancelo through the middle, by not chasing us around

He may have been following his coaches instructions
It seemed like they nullified Cancelo through the middle, by not chasing us around

Agree, it has to have been intentional from them. Haaland was basically man marking Rodri whenever Dias or Stones had the ball, it worked well tbf.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.