Dortmund (H) - CL QF | Post-Match Thread

Sorry mate, your second paragraph would have been the BT narrative if it was against the Dippers, as it was us that benefitted it was a scandalous decision.

Jenas tied himself in knots stating that the foul Haaland won on the edge of our box was exactly the same as the Bellingham incident, although he argued completely different outcomes for them.
Yep, I noticed that too. What a bellend Jenarse really is

BT complementary is worse than Sky's for anti-city slants but to be fair the studio panels are better than they used to be. At least we had Lescott and Hargreaves to add some balance at half time and post match. I seem to remember they used to give us Camelgob, Jenas and Scoles ontop of the blatantly biased commentary some CL nights.

At least there has been some progress, if only they could do away with the root for the other team mantra for the commentators, they might start adding the the match experience as their supposed to rather than taking away from it as they have been for so long now.
I watched a Portuguese stream and it made more sense than BT.

I’ll be surprised if Rodri starts the second leg. He is a fine player against most opposition but Dortmund are precisely the worst team for him to face, a hard pressing side with more than a bit of passing and ball retention quality that brutally exposes his lack of pace/mobility. Sadly he was left chasing shadows all night as they passed and ran around him and he offered little defensive protection in front of Dias and Stones. Ferna is a must for next Wednesday imo, even if only for the first hour or so. I’d be much happier seeing Rodders in the line up against the likes of PSG or Madrid
I wouldn't mind seen a double pivot with Rodri and Fernandinho in the second leg. Gundogan and Rodri as a two simply doesn't work they don't have the legs for it they struggled with it tonight against youth that Dortmund have in the middle that get around.
Gundogan is much better higher up the pitch making late runs into the box and getting involved.
Your spot on about Rodri he is ideal to play against a PSG or Real Madrid it would get right up his street the tempo of those games.

It all boils down to Fernandinho though he is a must starter next week.

I wouldn't mind seen a double pivot with Rodri and Fernandinho in the second leg. Gundogan and Rodri as a two simply doesn't work they don't have the legs for it they struggled with it tonight against youth that Dortmund have in the middle that get around.
Gundogan is much better higher up the pitch making late runs into the box and getting involved.
Your spot on about Rodri he is ideal to play against a PSG or Real Madrid it would get right up his street the tempo of those games.

It all boils down to Fernandinho though he is a must starter next week.
That was part of the problem, Gundo was playing that bit deeper all night to help out Rodri, for example if he'd have been playing his normal game he would have been on the end of that pass from Mahrez for the first goal and not Kevin

A Stockport Nursing home in the far distant future,
3e58d41095afdd034e0f0df17ed82a632cb93c82.jpg

Never a pen, can't believe we are out again, will we ever get a big decision in the Champions league?.......
It happened once, my great Grandfather Phil Foden played in it..... 2021 I believe

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.