Dortmund (H) - CL QF | Pre-Match Thread

Result Prediction

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
They may have Haaland but they haven't been getting results recently. I would certainly prefer going into this with our form than theirs.

True but don’t let that game fool you completely. They had their spirit already focused on Tuesday and afraid of injuries
Nah, that doesn't make sense mate.
They know the realistic route to CL is via Bundesliga, not by winning the CL.

Many things go wrong at the moment since a while and I guess they have no fuckin idea what to do come Tuesday.

But: they still will fight. That's basic mentality in the Ruhrgebiet and boss Watzke today kicked the team up the arse publically. They want a reaction after a nightmare yesterday and we should take them seriously. They surely want to score and might be a bit too giddy. We should be able to clearly outscore them.

I think we’ll go with Walker over Zinch for his pace against the counter.

Ederson - Walker, Stones, Dias, Cancelo - Rodri, Gundo, Bernardo - Mahrez, KDB, Sterling
For what it’s worth I think that will be the team. I would have Foden for Mahrez but think Pep may stick with Mahrez

I expect Stones, Sterling, Foden, Silva, Cancelo and Gündoğan all to start this game.

Ederson

Cancelo
Stones
Dias
Zinchenco

Rodri

de Bruyne
Gündoğan

Silva
Foden
Sterling
I think the last few months have shown everyone Bernie is far more effective in midfield than playing as a forward. KDB will be playing further forward

I think the last few months have shown everyone Bernie is far more effective in midfield than playing as a forward. KDB will be playing further forward
You could well be right, but if Pep does play the false nine, I think we’ll see a lot of interchanging, with Bernardo, Phil, Kevin, Raheem and Ilkay al playing there at times.

Let's hope he's not as good as Mbappe showed against us for Monaco!

Our style of play and the absence of Sancho will (should) reduce, if not cut off, Haaland's supply line. He'll have to fend for himself. I suspect that Pep will already have plans in place to stop the break, and isolate him as much as possible.

Mbappe is a different kettle of fish - He is virtually unplayable

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.