Dortmund (H) - CL QF | Pre-Match Thread

Result Prediction

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Relax Pep. Take it easy and breathe please

Just give us a side and formation that been tried and tested this season. All we ask

The cliché that we lost the previous CL quarters because of Pep is not even a half-truth.

Referees, luck, missed chances and individual mistakes played a much bigger role than Pep "overthinking" tactics. Remember both games with Spurs. Aguero missed a penalty in the first leg and Laporte made two mistakes in the 2nd leg before a Llorente handball decided the tie. Against Lyon Sterling missed a huge chance and the 2nd goal for Lyon was gifted to them by the officials (tbf, Laporte helped them with another mistake as well). Etc. etc. Let's forget all these facts and buy the crap the media tell us about Pep overthinking things (while being totally silent about the treatment we get from referees).

Pep makes mistakes, he's human. But most of the errors we have suffered from in the CL come from players and officials.

The cliché that we lost the previous CL quarters because of Pep is not even a half-truth.

Referees, luck, missed chances and individual mistakes played a much bigger role than Pep "overthinking" tactics. Remember both games with Spurs. Aguero missed a penalty in the first leg and Laporte made two mistakes in the 2nd leg before a Llorente handball decided the tie. Against Lyon Sterling missed a huge chance and the 2nd goal for Lyon was gifted to them by the officials (tbf, Laporte helped them with another mistake as well). Etc. etc. Let's forget all these facts and buy the crap the media tell us about Pep overthinking things (while being totally silent about the treatment we get from referees).

Pep makes mistakes, he's human. But most of the errors we have suffered from in the CL come from players and officials.
Absolutely spot on

Eddie

Walker
Stones
Dias
Zinchenko/Cancelo

Rodri
Gundogan
De Bruyne

Foden
Bernardo
Jesus

I thought Dortmund were very poor yesterday from what I saw.

There was so much space between the defence and midfield we could exploit and Sancho is a big loss for them.

Hoping for a controlled performance and not a game like Monaco/Spurs Home.

I thought Dortmund were very poor yesterday from what I saw.

There was so much space between the defence and midfield we could exploit and Sancho is a big loss for them.

Hoping for a controlled performance and not a game like Monaco/Spurs Home.
True but don’t let that game fool you completely. They had their spirit already focused on Tuesday and afraid of injuries

I think using those to explain bombing out at the Quarters or before for four seasons in a row doesn't really cut it mate. And if it does, we should never have put ourselves in the position to allow them to dictate the outcome of the results so heavily.

When you're ordinarily a far better side than the opposition you're facing, having proved it throughout the course of the entire season, you should be finding a way to win a two-legged tie when the pressure is on.

Ederson

Stones, Dias, Laporte, Cancelo
Rodri
Bernado, Gundogan
Sterling, De Bruyne, Foden

I can see 3 at the back with Cancelo filling midfield
Leaves KDB to play the false 9
Dortmund can be got at in centre of midfield which will see us running at their back line....which includes an ageing Hummels..
Confident we will go to Dortmund with a good lead.

I think using those to explain bombing out at the Quarters or before for four seasons in a row doesn't really cut it mate.

And if it does, we should never have put ourselves in the position to allow them to dictate the outcome of the results so heavily.

Four refereeing mistakes in both legs vs Liverpool don't cut it for you? Are we supposed to be a team from another galaxy which is so good that even missed penalties/big chances, bad mistakes from defenders and errors from the officials shouldn't affect us, provided that Pep gets it right?

Personally, I wasn't happy with the formation against Lyon, as I wrote in the pre-match thread. But the failure wasn't mainly on Pep, imo. Hopefully we have learned from our previous mistakes.

Last edited:
Four refereeing mistakes in both legs vs Liverpool don't cut it for you? Are we supposed to be a team from another galaxy which is so good that even missed penalties/big chances, bad mistakes from defenders and errors from the officials shouldn't affect us, provided that Pep gets it right? Don't be silly.

Nope. That kinda shit happens in plenty of games. You can go through any game and find a litany of errors or perceived referee mistakes if you wanted to explain any given loss. Our supporters always do it, just like supporters from any other club. It's heavily tinted vision.

The best teams generally find a way to win. This Dortmund side are not on our level. I'm confident we can take them apart, so long as Pep just keeps it as simple as possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.