Double -barrelled names

s-l300.jpg

Dad saved me from a triple barreled name. Mum wanted my middle names brought forward so it would have been "Guy-Alexander-Roger" jesus christ mum what were you thinking. One of the few times dad put his foot down and i am glad he did.

Hmm.

Guy Alexander Roger.

Backwards, Roger Alexander Guy.

Initials.....

R A G.

:)

Probably linked to the divorce rate, mothers then remarrying and the kids taking both surnames, that's what I think anyway.
Will be fun in 20 years when the quadruple barrelled surnames start appearing on the team sheet.

Triple barrell is the way ahead, double barrell is for wankers.....

For example:

That-Cünt-Lingard

is way better than

Fucking-Lingard

How do you feel about individuals with surnames for their Christian name, Hunter, Taylor, Morgan, etc?
I hadn't thought of that.

Now I'm going to have to come up with a subset of rules just about names.

Thinking about it, there are people with names back to front; Benedict Arnold springs to mind, but I'm sure there are more.

I remember my mate wasn't happy when his son wanted Wright-Philips on his shirt! Think he came back with the Jo shirt. He always was a tight-arse!

Seems a lot more likely that their parents were actually unmarried, and the kids were given the surnames of both parents.

Double-barrelled surnames used to indicate that you were upper class. Nowadays, it indicates you’re a bastard!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.