Douglas Luiz - 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Luiz goes back to Girona and plays a requisite number of games, does that then make him any more eligible for a UK work permit next season? It’s quite difficult to see how someone who was deemed worthy of 450 minutes of play last season is suddenly going to merit considerably more time on the park this season.

If Luiz goes back to Girona and plays a requisite number of games, does that then make him any more eligible for a UK work permit next season? It’s quite difficult to see how someone who was deemed worthy of 450 minutes of play last season is suddenly going to merit considerably more time on the park this season.

Needs to go somewhere he will defo play and get a Brazil call up. If he gets on the pitch for Brazil then a work permit will be sorted. The club will be doing everything to try and get a loan that sorts this for January I would imagine. Although I am unsure how often you can apply for a permit. Seems that Pep has been discussing him with the Brazil manager probably in an effort to get him an international cap!

Needs to go somewhere he will defo play and get a Brazil call up. If he gets on the pitch for Brazil then a work permit will be sorted. The club will be doing everything to try and get a loan that sorts this for January I would imagine. Although I am unsure how often you can apply for a permit. Seems that Pep has been discussing him with the Brazil manager probably in an effort to get him an international cap!

Assuming that the information True Blue NO 1 helpfully posted on page 11 of this thread is correct, in relation to qualifying for a work permit, then he’ll have to do more than get on the pitch for Brazil. He’d have to have played in 30% of his country’s games in the preceding 12 months, which starting from now looks quite difficult to achieve. I think the hope must be that he gets some game time with Girona and that they particularly give him game time in the Europa League.

I think the quickest route is by acquiring Portuguese nationality, which would also make him an EU citizen and problem solved. However, he must have one Portuguese grandparent to do this.

He’d have to have played in 30% of his country’s games in the preceding 12 months, which starting from now looks quite difficult to achieve.

Maybe it's the best moment for the necessary Brazil minutes as there are assumably 10 friendlies ahead until next June, when Copa America starts, where Brazil could have a maximum of 5 matches. No qualifiers within that period.

That would mean he had to be on the pitch in 5 friendlies to reach 30%, that could be possible. If Tite has a soft spot for Pep :)

If I got it right on visalogic.net Luiz is allowed to reapply for a work permit whenever he is ready for a successful application.

Maybe it's the best moment for the necessary Brazil minutes as there are assumably 10 friendlies ahead until next June, when Copa America starts, where Brazil could have a maximum of 5 matches. No qualifiers within that period.

That would mean he had to be on the pitch in 5 friendlies to reach 30%, that could be possible. If Tite has a soft spot for Pep :)

If I got it right on visalogic.net Luiz is allowed to reapply for a work permit whenever he is ready for a successful application.

Perhaps. Brazil are scheduled to play the USA and El Salvador in early September, with 4 more fixtures before Christmas and 4 thereafter. We’ll therefore have a clearer idea of the likelihood of him meeting that criterion by the next transfer window. If he doesn’t start for Girona, it will look mighty odd if he plays for Brazil. :-)

Perhaps. Brazil are scheduled to play the USA and El Salvador in early September, with 4 more fixtures before Christmas and 4 thereafter. We’ll therefore have a clearer idea of the likelihood of him meeting that criterion by the next transfer window. If he doesn’t start for Girona, it will look mighty odd if he plays for Brazil. :-)

I remember some Kenyan we tried to buy not getting a work permit (think he went Inter and was shit so a bullet dodged), there was some rag afterwards gobbing off saying he made the decision. Always wonder how the likes of Fabio and he's twin brother got permits at United then I remember that guy. Bent as fuck.

I remember some Kenyan we tried to buy not getting a work permit (think he went Inter and was shit so a bullet dodged), there was some rag afterwards gobbing off saying he made the decision. Always wonder how the likes of Fabio and he's twin brother got permits at United then I remember that guy. Bent as fuck.
Mcdonald Mariga.

Phil Woolas was the "honourable member". He had an interesting political career.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.