Douglas Luiz

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well here's one thing, Vasco fans are absolutely livid they sold Douglas Luiz for that price. A couple even mentioned that he is their best player at the age of 19.

here's some of the comments from the Reddit thread, from their actual fans who watch the matches and not just the youtube compilations:

Our fucking president, never know how to value and sell, same old piece of shit that sold Coutinho for 3,5M of DOLLARS
fuck off, Douglas, with the football he's playing right now, is worth way more 12,
12M would you pay for him if he was still in under 20 or some shit, not playing high level in Serie A

FUCK EURICO, another promising player we lose for way below his value. First Coutinho, then Alex Teixeira, now Douglas

For the City fans, he's only turned 19 and has been our best player for almost a year. He's a really promising box-to-box midfielder, with good passing, very technical and who can score goals. He's still kinda raw but might become great for you if developed properly. Guess now I'll bcome a citizen, you guys now have my two favorite players, him and Gabriel Jesus

Never hated city more in my life

In some years, City Fans will look to Douglas Luiz and will think how Liverpool Fans look to Coutinho now and think "omg, how we bought this player so cheap?"

Trust me.

After a few years following these forums anonimously, as a Vasco da Gama supporter, I felt I needed to register to speak about Douglas. No doubt he is our best player (even if Vasco's current team is pretty average, with some good veterans as Nenê, former PSG, or Luis Fabiano, former Sevilla striker).

Douglas is incredibly good. He's plays better for Vasco than Alex Teixeira did on his age, and most supporters feel like we're losing another Coutinho, for the same cheap price - if he stayed for a couple of years, who knows for how much we could have sold him. No doubt he is already, at 19, one of the best box-to-box CMs in Brazilian league, and maybe from Brazil, as a real box-to-box CM is not easy to find here.

About him: a couple of years ago, he wasn't on the list of Vasco's youth gems. Last year, however, when Vasco was playing the Serie B after being relegated in 2015, he stepped up in the first team and we discovered we had a fantastic player in our backyard. He is very technical, great pass and skill, and he's also good in defensive aspects - it's hard to get the ball from him, and, when he loses, he goes after it. But the main thing is: Douglas is a very intelligent player - he is/was "the brain" of Vasco's midfield and knows how to read the game and dictate its pace, and performs really well his tactical role in the midfield. As any youth player, he still lacks some maturity and consistency, but no doubt he is very gifted and has a brilliant future ahead.

What I sincerely don't understand is why he's accepted this transfer to play firstly for a year for Girona. I don't know if he would have space in City's midfield, so it looks like you're buying him to use him later. If he has plans of going to the NT (and maybe to 2018 WC), IMO, he should have stayed playing in Brazil or City could've loaned him to a club bigger than Girona, cause he surely has the football to play in a medium La Liga/Serie A team.

Has got lots of confidence though. Beats his man, dribbles tight, shoots from so far out like de Jong sometimes does.

Edmund 1898. Thanks for informative & interesting post.

Looks talented, technical & can tackle. To hear he has football intelligence too, great news.

Wonder if he goes direct to Girona due to work permit issues or could he be part of our tour to USA?

Keep posting.

Any full backs we should know about?

After a few years following these forums anonimously, as a Vasco da Gama supporter, I felt I needed to register to speak about Douglas. No doubt he is our best player (even if Vasco's current team is pretty average, with some good veterans as Nenê, former PSG, or Luis Fabiano, former Sevilla striker).

Douglas is incredibly good. He's plays better for Vasco than Alex Teixeira did on his age, and most supporters feel like we're losing another Coutinho, for the same cheap price - if he stayed for a couple of years, who knows for how much we could have sold him. No doubt he is already, at 19, one of the best box-to-box CMs in Brazilian league, and maybe from Brazil, as a real box-to-box CM is not easy to find here.

About him: a couple of years ago, he wasn't on the list of Vasco's youth gems. Last year, however, when Vasco was playing the Serie B after being relegated in 2015, he stepped up in the first team and we discovered we had a fantastic player in our backyard. He is very technical, great pass and skill, and he's also good in defensive aspects - it's hard to get the ball from him, and, when he loses, he goes after it. But the main thing is: Douglas is a very intelligent player - he is/was "the brain" of Vasco's midfield and knows how to read the game and dictate its pace, and performs really well his tactical role in the midfield. As any youth player, he still lacks some maturity and consistency, but no doubt he is very gifted and has a brilliant future ahead.

What I sincerely don't understand is why he's accepted this transfer to play firstly for a year for Girona. I don't know if he would have space in City's midfield, so it looks like you're buying him to use him later. If he has plans of going to the NT (and maybe to 2018 WC), IMO, he should have stayed playing in Brazil or City could've loaned him to a club bigger than Girona, cause he surely has the football to play in a medium La Liga/Serie A team.

I doubt we would get a work permit mate with him not having played for the national team. That's why he is likely to go to Girona, who are now a sister club to City.

Thanks for the information though, you have got a City fan quite excited.

I must say though, how did Vasco and Inter get it so wrong with Coutinho in regards to valuation?

Guys, I'm Brazilian and Vasco da Gama fan since child. I watch Vasco game every weekend. Douglas is a best player and he's midfield like Guardiola wants: He is excellent defense, go to attack, great pass, vision. He need training in long shot and header. He play in Vasco with liberty, occupying the all midfield. I guess it will play in position of Fernandinho e Toure. If he will be WC? I do not know. Before World Cup 2010, Brazilian fan commentators preferred PH Ganso to Neymar. PH Ganso looked like it would be WC. Today, Neymar is a best Brazilian player and PH is not Sevilla start eleven. Coutinho (who was from Vasco's base) also did not play like now in Internazionale and La Liga. Gabigol (Internazionale too), in 2014, looked like better then Jesus. About Douglas, no one doubts his quality in Brazil. The question is whether it's worth it to sell only this. After all, if Vinicius Jr cost £ 40 mi, Rodrigo Caio (23 years old) will go to Zenit for £ 15 mi. So, Vasco da Gama's fans wanted to sell more than £ 20 mi.

In Vasco da Gama fans' forum, you see I say (however, in portuguese). The link: "http://www.forumnetvasco.com.br/viewtopic.php?f=74&t=1589&start=930"

Sorry for English text. I am learning it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.