Doug's Training Report 3/2

Adebayor said:
Didsbury Dave said:
Vinny a great concern. We still should have enough for Fulham, but the big question would be Savic or Richards at centre half.
If it's just for one game, i'd be tempted to put De Jong at centre half with Lescott, if utd can get away with playing Carrick there, and considering he's not great defensively anyway then surely a solid defensive player like Nige could do a job there if needed... can't be worse than Savic anyway

Savic needs to get experience if he is going to develop. Fulham obviously carry a threat but should be busy defending if the rest do their jobs. More concerned that SA & ED need to pop a couple in to restore their confidence.

I think savic should play in a back 4 if vinny isn't fit. Fulham will defend and we need richards' penetration from right back. Please not the 3 at the back again.

Didsbury Dave said:
I think savic should play in a back 4 if vinny isn't fit. Fulham will defend and we need richards' penetration from right back. Please not the 3 at the back again.

Dempsey will tear him a new one at centre half. I'd play him but at right back otherwise Micah and Zaba for me.

Hamann Pineapple said:
Didsbury Dave said:

Dempsey will tear him a new one at centre half. I'd play him but at right back otherwise Micah and Zaba for me.
Interesting selection. I think if he did want Micah at ch it would mean he doesnt trust savic so he'd go zab at rb. But a game like tomorrow is dead wrong for zab at fullback as we need to break fulham down and zab doesnt give you that .

Didsbury Dave said:
Hamann Pineapple said:
Didsbury Dave said:

Interesting selection. I think if he did want Micah at ch it would mean he doesnt trust savic so he'd go zab at rb. But a game like tomorrow is dead wrong for zab at fullback as we need to break fulham down and zab doesnt give you that .

Agreed. If Kompany is out then I go for Savic. Richards to fly down the flank for me.

Savic-Richards-Lescott-Clichy

Thats the back 4 i'd play tomorrow. Savic has played twice for us at RB, and both times has looked very accomplished in that position. He also played RB for Partizan last season in the CL when he came up against an inform Nasri, who Stefan kept quiet. I think it's the ideal opportunity to give the lad a game, and build his confidence back up by playing him at RB.

Ricster said:
Savic-Richards-Lescott-Clichy

Thats the back 4 i'd play tomorrow. Savic has played twice for us at RB, and both times has looked very accomplished in that position. He also played RB for Partizan last season in the CL when he came up against an inform Nasri, who Stefan kept quiet. I think it's the ideal opportunity to give the lad a game, and build his confidence back up by playing him at RB.
What about zabaleta? He is a better RB than savic

Aaronj said:
Vinnie could do with picking his 5th yellow up sooner rather than later... that and I also hope he plays anyway.
that rule ended at the end of the year, its 10 yellows now

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.