Dreamland

Yaya_Tony

Team supported
--> bluarmy
It has been anticipated since 2008. It has been bulding for several seasons now. But none of us knew exactly how sweet the day would be when it finally came.

We did it. We are the Champions. I know none of you need to be told, but it sounds so good when you say it out loud.

I didn't know what to expect when we had yet another owner in 2008, I can't even say that I thought the signs looked good. The consortium had "united" in the name, and Robinho thought he had signed for them too.

Fast forward to May 2012 and it hits us all, if we'd previously missed it, that it has all been worth it. Years of abuse and ridicule turned around in the most beautiful fashion.

Sergio was banging them in for City for 10 years on my old Championship Manager mobile phone game, whilst we won the Champions League 9 years in a row. If only reality could emulate that...

OK, that might be pushing it considering the European lottery in real life, but truth is we will be right up there for a long time.

Sheikh Mansour has done everything right as far as the progression of our club is concerned, there is nothing to suggest a man like him gets important things wrong.

What makes our own success and progression in future so much sweeter, is the knowledge that the scum in red are not going to be able to keep up. I'm not going into detail on that, suffice to say that it looks like there is a period of decline on the horizon for them.

All those little toerags that were even more clumsy than me on the field are crying now. They thought they knew football because they "supported" united. Even though I haven't seen or spoken to them in years, the thought of it makes me smile. Laugh, even. Ha. Ha ha. Hahahahaha!!

The tide has turned, all sensible observers know it. As an anchor of common sense to stop myself getting carried away, this is football and we can't guarantee anything.

But we look strong, and we are not getting any weaker...

I've waited my entire life for even a fraction of this from City.

And I never thought I would see the day.

Dreamland.

Great post,I GOT the immediate feeling that these guys were ultra professional from day 1, and bought into their plans and really believed they would take City a long way,however after all our past letdowns I would never allow myself to get carried away,but secretly at the back of my mind I almost knew we would come good,we have been very lucky and so has Sheikh Mansour to see the potential in waking a sleeping giant from slumber and get the honour of owning a Manchester institution and realising its potential,a marriage made in heaven on so many levels.They respect our past heritage,communicate with the fan base and offer great excitement for the future as a club and fans.A fantastic partnership is when both parties need and receive their ambitions equally and the beauty of it is that this can be a dynastic relationship which grows exponentially across the decades with unparalleled success...

I think it truly dawned on me when they fired Hughes. As a fan I would never have hired him anyway, but once he was in the job I didn't think he deserved to be fired like he was. The way the rest of that season went, I completely changed my mind and by the end, there is no way Hughes would have got us that close to Champions League. Or the FA Cup the season after, or made us Champions last season. The men in charge think even bigger than us.

The work now being put into place to build for the future is the really exciting bit. The infrastructure being built now within the club could carry us into stratospheric territory.

It's gonna be mint.

Once the Academy starts to work then we are on the path to world domination. This years Champions League is going to be fun, and I hope we can make it to the quarter-finals.

carlos92 said:
Once the Academy starts to work then we are on the path to world domination. .
All the money we have at our disposal, and we won't have to spend it. Lovely.

Whilst the rags scrape our backsides trying to stay in the race, but drowning in debt and non-competitiveness. Their one-nils will turn to draws and then to losses infront of a grand total of 5 people (the coaching staff, mainly), while we break more goalscoring records and protect the Etihad fortress.

Yes please, bring it on.

Yaya_Tony said:
carlos92 said:

Whilst the rags scrape our backsides trying to stay in the race, but drowning in debt and non-competitiveness. Their one-nils will turn to draws and then to losses infront of a grand total of 5 people (the coaching staff, mainly), while we break more goalscoring records and protect the Etihad fortress.

Yes please, bring it on.

It is fantastic to see our club not making a pigs ear of things.

carlos92 said:
Yaya_Tony said:
carlos92 said:

Yes please, bring it on.

It is fantastic to see our club not making a pigs ear of things.
It makes a very welcome change, as said I never thought I'd see the day when we do it all properly, dreamland!

Thank-you Sheikh Mansour! Thank-you and Mancini, for killing "typical city" in it's tracks.

I'm for one eternally grateful and forever in your debt.

Debt. Haha.

Cheers to Uncle Malc too. You make our life easier.

great post but eitihad doesn't mean united.

a gobshite rag i'd not seen since the title win came out tonight and started giving banter on football, i just kept calling him 2nd place... he soon fucked off.

I meant ADUG has united in the name. I don't care though, they mean business for us.

Most rags I know have been pretty humble so far, but lets face it, they had to be (it can't continue). However they still harp on about next season, as if it will be the 2nd coming (of Zidane Cleverly and messiah Vidic). That bravado bollocks is going to snap them on the arse. When the empire crumbles, that's when we can ridicule what's left. And we know if it was the other way around, as it was for years, well they were not humble then. They were twats. No, I won't feel bad laughing at them. Not one teensy little bit. On the contrary, I'll enjoy every second. Payback is a woman. It's already happening.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.