Dreams unfulfilled?

I wish I'd tried harder to be decent at basketball or as a goal keeper. I also wish I had stuck with the piano and/or took up another instrument like guitar or drums. Essentially to be better at anything more than a remote control.

Giving up being an archaeologist when I did as the money was shit. Now I'm retired I've got back into it, even helping out on Time Team in the summer, and realised that it's something that I really love doing. Have now started volunteering at my local Roman site and have started to do more on local digs.
Have a go on here, there are quite a few archeological relics buried in the archives.....

Giving up being an archaeologist when I did as the money was shit. Now I'm retired I've got back into it, even helping out on Time Team in the summer, and realised that it's something that I really love doing. Have now started volunteering at my local Roman site and have started to do more on local digs.
Great that mate :)

I came out of the RAF voluntarily in 2005 after 22 years… Although I had a good second career in civvy street until retiring at the start of lockdown I wish I’d stayed in the mob

Went to a trade reunion for the first time last weekend and hearing about the people who made it to WO (The highest non-commissioned rank we could get to) I know I’d have made it

It’s gone but I do regret the decision to leave massively at times

Go to America, hire a scooby doo wagon and drive across the USA and stay in motels along the way. I still have dreams about going to New York but the older I get the more far away it gets.
Never to far away bud as longer as you're healthy enough its in reach

I wish I had gone to a different school, instead of the lunatic asylum I attended and that I'd been a wee bit more mature. I should have gone to university at age 18 and then into academia, which would have suited me to a tee. (I went to uni as a mature student, when it was too late to change direction.)

Alternatively, at age 19 or 20 I wish I'd had the wit to walk into Hunt's Bank and ask for a job on the railways. They were always short of staff back then and I'd have been happier working on or around trains than in a fucking office. But I was too conservative and risk-averse.

But, generally speaking, I don't regret my choices because if things had been different I might never have had my greyhounds or my missus. Another pattern of life and lots of things I do have might have been lost.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.