Dreams unfulfilled?

Go to America, hire a scooby doo wagon and drive across the USA and stay in motels along the way. I still have dreams about going to New York but the older I get the more far away it gets.
similar to my dream that driving across the USA , feel humbled and blessed I have managed to visit quite a few states so far and achieve this but the dream is to retire over there

I've always wanted to drive round the coast of Ireland - its 1980 miles long

Trouble is we have a business thats 7 days except through winter, when Ireland in a camper isn't that attractive - so we head for Oz or India for a month - again

Every year I say 'Maybe next year' and its getting late
Get it done mate.

Your business will be there for you when you get back. When you’re done and too old to do these things, will you look back on those few weeks where you worked really hard, or when you took the trip of a lifetime?

Sounds a bit boring really but I would’ve loved to have made my dad proud of me before he died. I was lazy at school and never had a decent settled life (3 divorces and countless jobs). He died just as I was rebuilding my life after the third divorce and getting off the drink, but for a 52 year old I should’ve been so much better than that.

Go to America, hire a scooby doo wagon and drive across the USA and stay in motels along the way. I still have dreams about going to New York but the older I get the more far away it gets.

Did something similar back in 2000, the southern states. Best 3 weeks ever and I'll never forget the rattle of the air con units in the motels.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.