DRINK A DRINK FOR COLIN THE KING THIS BOXING DAY

Am I missing something? Why is the 43rd anniversary any more special than last year's or next year's? And I'm not being flippant; I was there, and the place went crazy when he appeared for the second half.

Am I missing something? Why is the 43rd anniversary any more special than last year's or next year's? And I'm not being flippant; I was there, and the place went crazy when he appeared for the second half.
Suppose the fact that we are again at home to Newcastle on Boxing Day makes it more special.
So sad that the etihad can’t be full to pay a proper tribute

First time in England.
First time in Manchester.
First time I had fish n chips.
First time at Maine Road.
First time in the Kippax.

And if that wasn’t enough to remember, the return of Colin The King and the roar of emotion from everyone inside that old shitty fantastic stadium did.

The Testimonial game was my first ever City match. Can't really remember much about the game but I had red & blue family members competing for my attention at the time. After this game there was never any doubt that I'd be a Blue. Could have been one hell of a sliding doors moment if not for this match.
The King has a lot to answer for - decades of suffering followed by the ultimate joy of the last 10 years or so.
CTID

Wonderful news that King Colin is out of hospital, he is the reason I support City so thank you Colin. I'll drink a drink and sing the song........properly !!! :-)

Tueart got three, and never even got his name sung!
Not that he'd have minded, everybody there knew it was special.
Best atmosphere I've ever known and that includes 2012.

I was there as a teenager in the Platt Lane. Everyone was whispering during the first half and at half time that Colin would be subbed on for the second half. The Kippax let out a roar as they could see Colin getting readied before anyone else....everyone else instantly knew what the roar was for and joined in. The crowd rose as one and many a fan had a tear in their eye. Their was no way City were not going to win the game after that....imagine the atmosphere for extra time for the QPR game then double it.
Unfortunately Colin was never the same player after the injuries and to see a player limping through games was very sad to see. If he was actually Nijinsky, a thoroughbred race horse. he would no doubt have been put down or put out to stud. Colin was everyone's favourite player, a complete player and athlete. Despite competition from many great players, past and present, no other player has a stand named after them for good reason. I raise my glass to toast the King.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.