Drinking beer at football games

Mad Eyed Screamer

So next weekend, anyone going to Eastlands for the Rugby League weekend can have the pleasure of taking a drink to their seat and enjoying it whilst watching the game.

Yes, the same person who cannot do it at a football game is deemed responsible enough to do it at a rugby game.

When will clubs join together and challenge this discriminatory rule that costs the clubs a decent wedge by limiting where we can drink a legal substance?

It's a mad law really, considering that a lot of folk put loads away before the game, do their best to down three pints at half time and get shit-faced anyway. No chance they'll change it though.

Just say there was a football game at a stadium followed by a rugby game, hypothetical I know, but if you watch both, when do you cease being a football fan and start being a rugby fan, thereby allowing you to drink beer at your seat?

It's a mad rule but it comes from years of football fans taking liberties. Top division rugby has standing as well I think.

I think football fans would be able to behave these days but it would be too much of a controversial move for the authorities to change things.

davymcfc said:
It's a mad rule but it comes from years of football fans taking liberties. Top division rugby has standing as well I think.

I think football fans would be able to behave these days but it would be too much of a controversial move for the authorities to change things.
and the Daily Mail would be waiting with pens poised for any hint of trouble afterwards.

It is madness. Clubs could make a fortune if they knocked the prices down too.
And to avoid trouble just allow the home fans to drink. It's easier to get away from idiots when you're sober and they aren't.

I went to see Lanzorote play when I was on holiday there in 2010. Beer was served and we were allowed to watch the game with a beer. Therefore it can't be a UEFA or FIFA thing. Anyone know if you can drink and watch the game on the continent. Is it an Premier and N-Power league rule?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.