drinking on the coaches

Mike 1990 said:
Don't usually allow beer from my experience. I have only ever been able to drink beer on a coach once which was en route to a Foo Fighters gig from Liverpool. If not whiskey in a coke bottle should do the trick.

nice one ! and they cant make you pour it away? i was thinking this but i prefer beer .<br /><br />-- Wed Apr 13, 2011 8:27 pm --<br /><br />
tasker said:
stavros said:
just 3 mates . why?
i meant on what coach

oh , right. going from bellevue at 10 am. soccer express travel team

Spirits in a bottle of fizzy drink. Gin or white spirits best bet as least smelly.

I love dark spirits but the smells to strong.

Make sure you take sandwiches and make it look like you're on for a little picnic

Yours,

The 007 "dry coach" boozer

The law is quite clear. Under the Sporting Events (Control of Alcohol etc) Act 1985, it's an offence to carry alcohol on a public service vehicle. ie a coach.

Read it here and decide if you want to chance it. At the end of the day, it's like speeding or drink driving, you do it assuming you won't get caught. If you do, then your day is ruined as you are ket in custody until after the game at least, or the coach is turned back.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/1985/57" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/1985/57</a>

If you're on a minibus, you might be ok, unless the driver is getting paid, ie is driving for hire or reward.

Given this particular fixture, I can imagine the cops being quite thorough on Saturday.

Edit: It's minibuses too, so whether you want to try it or not it's up to you. It's also an offence to be pissed on the bus/minibus too, so the coke bottles may not work if they smell alcohol on you.

I have a friend who will be surfing on top of the bus whilst consuming Pina Coladas. He will be drawing attention away from the deluge of booze and Bolivian fairy dust being consumed downstairs.

Hamann Pineapple said:
I have a friend who will be surfing on top of the bus whilst consuming Pina Coladas. He will be drawing attention away from the deluge of booze and Bolivian fairy dust being consumed downstairs.

Love it ha ha ha x

Mike 1990 said:
Gin and lemonade is always a treat.

And doesn't really smell of booze.

From my experience as long as you have a bottle each and arent passing it round like a div youll be fine.

The fake packed lunch to accompany it is key, always throws coach drivers

- A bottle of lemonade on its own, potential booze

- A bottle of lemonade, some ham sarnies and a penguin chocolate biscuit - harmless packed lunch.

Yours in booze.

Mike

Every away game that I go on a coach with they say the same about getting searched for beers, not once has it happened in 20 years. Make of that what you will.

if its a definite no-go for beer on our coach, i'm gonna be taking smirnoff green apple and lemonade in a lucozade apple bottle; it looks and smells exactly the same :)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.