Drive. (the film)

Zin 'messiah' Zimmer said:
gaudinho's stolen car said:
Zin 'messiah' Zimmer said:
Different films obviously but the musical score in drive is mouth watering, on sheer performances however i don't see how tom hardy doesn't win the Oscar hands down - its warrior by a clear head

Pissing me off that I can't download it yet. Peeved.

I was the same for the past 2 weeks - guy on demonoid normally hooks me up but nothing so took the pill and watched it - worth every penny

I will have to get my mates down to the pictures. If I make her watch it I will be watching "I Don't Know How She Does It" before you can say 3.6/10 on IMDB.

Just home from seeing Warrior. It was okay but after starting out gritty, it went a bit cheesy, corny and predictable.
Hardy was good but was overacting at times. Nick Nolte stole several scenes from him.
The Wrestler and The Fighter, with much smaller budgets and similar storylines, were both better to my mind.
Drive is way better than all of them, in my opinion, a far, far superior piece of cinema on so many levels.
But it's a case of horses for courses, many will no doubt think the opposite. Warrior will certainly take more money at the box office as it is on general release, has a huge marketing budget and will have more popcorn mass appeal.
But cineastes will still be raving about Drive 20 years from now.

LongsightM13 said:
Just home from seeing Warrior. It was okay but after starting out gritty, it went a bit cheesy, corny and predictable.
Hardy was good but was overacting at times. Nick Nolte stole several scenes from him.
The Wrestler and The Fighter, with much smaller budgets and similar storylines, were both better to my mind.
Drive is way better than all of them, in my opinion, a far, far superior piece of cinema on so many levels.
But it's a case of horses for courses, many will no doubt think the opposite. Warrior will certainly take more money at the box office as it is on general release, has a huge marketing budget and will have more popcorn mass appeal.
But cineastes will still be raving about Drive 20 years from now.

Indeed in your opinion - flaberghasted you can compare the fighter or Wrestler to it but hey ho!!!

will watch it now

-- Sat Oct 01, 2011 8:36 am --

Good film, very good. I may watch this again.

After Drive i seen Blitz, great Cast and the story (at the start) also good, but the ending is stupid and ruined the Film.

Just watched it now, didn't expect much, but it's a cracking film. Like a modern day 'Taxi Driver'. Thought it was just going to be a smash bang action film, but was much more.

Started a thread about a year ago, complaining about the state of films today (Watched the Expendables and Grown Ups, back to back, and these are the worst films ever), yet Drive and Tinker, Taylor, Soldier, Spy have reinstated my faith in the film industry.

Highly recommend this film, and even the mrs liked it.

Started my own thread, as didn't see this, yet some condescending **** pointed me in this direction.

Much as I think that TCIB is a ****, but in an affectionate way, you can't call him a **** just because you think you are the first person ever to watch a film and that your opinion is the most important. Just to be condescending, Tailor is the profession you are looking for.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.