Drive. (the film)

Just come back from the AMC, disappointed I must say.

It's a big budget B-movie with a dull script, and not a particularly thoughtful plot. A B-movie then.

All characters other than Gosling were one-dimensional. The violent scenes were shot well, but there were just too many of them. Because the script wasn't capable of propelling the film forward, we had to have another death/car chase. And these scenes, though they were good visually, inevitably resorted to an annoying formula. Slow motion and song, then the silence, then the action, then the song returns. The soundtrack gave it the 80s vibe as did the pink opening credits so I can understand the Michael Mann comparisons. But not for me. The director looked like he set out to make trash. And it is, but not in a good way. Would much rather watch the first segment of Death Proof.

6/10.

nashark said:

It's a big budget B-movie with a dull script, and not a particularly thoughtful plot. A B-movie then.

All characters other than Gosling were one-dimensional. The violent scenes were shot well, but there were just too many of them. Because the script wasn't capable of propelling the film forward, we had to have another death/car chase. And these scenes, though they were good visually, inevitably resorted to an annoying formula. Slow motion and song, then the silence, then the action, then the song returns. The soundtrack gave it the 80s vibe as did the pink opening credits so I can understand the Michael Mann comparisons. But not for me. The director looked like he set out to make trash. And it is, but not in a good way. Would much rather watch the first segment of Death Proof.

6/10.

Scarlett Johansson could wank you off with her mouth and you would give it 6/10.

Watched it last night, gotta say, although I enjoyed it and thought it was good and would happily watch it again, I wasn't totally convinced. I thought the first scene was fucking brilliant - dark, tense, cool and I couldn't wait for the rest of the film, but the half hour or 45 minutes after that were too slow and the pace really needed to pick up. Even when the brutal bits came about it was stilll at a slow pace. Like I say I enjoyed it but the whole thing seemed a little slow and there was something lacking for me. I'm probably missing something that was in the book that dictates it but I haven't read the book and can only call the film as I see it. Was really looking forward to this and enjoyed it but it wasn't quite as good as I expected - 7 or 8 out of 10

Also, why did it have exactly the same font as in grand theft auto? Are they both based on something to do with the book?

The Fat el Hombre said:
Watched it last night, gotta say, although I enjoyed it and thought it was good and would happily watch it again, I wasn't totally convinced. I thought the first scene was fucking brilliant - dark, tense, cool and I couldn't wait for the rest of the film, but the half hour or 45 minutes after that were too slow and the pace really needed to pick up. Even when the brutal bits came about it was stilll at a slow pace. Like I say I enjoyed it but the whole thing seemed a little slow and there was something lacking for me. I'm probably missing something that was in the book that dictates it but I haven't read the book and can only call the film as I see it. Was really looking forward to this and enjoyed it but it wasn't quite as good as I expected - 7 or 8 out of 10

Also, why did it have exactly the same font as in grand theft auto? Are they both based on something to do with the book?
Nothing official, but GTA 'borrowed' a few ideas from the original book, shall we say

Drive.720p.BluRay.X264-BLOW
Drive.1080p.BluRay.X264-BLOW

Pm me if you cant find these or don't know p2p protocols. Otherwise go download guys.

Gonna watch it again later i think since tomorrow i'm of.

nashark said:

6/10.

A rather excellent analysis. Not much I could have said better.

Style over substance, this film, but shot with some panache.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.