Driving with fog lights on in the rain

i have one headlight working so where to i stand here

It's illegal to do so. But probably the worst that would happen if stopped is a producer, because you could argue it's only just blown that journey.

i have one headlight working so where to i stand here

You just stand in Halfords and ask for a replacement bulb. The answer to a blown headlight bulb isn't to put your fog lights on for the next 6 months, although clearly some think it is.

Fog lights bother me more than they probably should, but they're nigh on ubiquitous now and I'm seemingly being dazzled by every tenth car. It used to be the odd boy racer thinking it looked "sporty" but I'd say their usage in clear visibility seems to have doubled in the last couple of years; If I look at a car with them on now it's more often than not an older person who likely has no idea they're on. I have no idea what's driving their increased use, switch placement? Poor indication on the dash? Poorer knowledge / driving standards? Who knows.

I have no idea what's driving their increased use, switch placement? Poor indication on the dash? Poorer knowledge / driving standards? Who knows.

It's a good question. Daytime Running Lights perhaps? If they're on all the time, people turn their lights on anyway assuming they need to on a cloudy day, and very often you're right that it's on the same stalk. But there are so many people who just don't look at their dashboard. I've had someone ask me what that funny light means on their car that's been on for the last few weeks. It was the low oil warning. Jesus Christ.

Yep. If you can see other cars that are hundreds of yards down the road then you don't need them. Lost count of the number of people who I've passed on the motorways and flicked mine on and off to warn them.

Once, years ago, my then girlfriend was following me in her car going along the M62 and I did this a few times. When we got to hers she told me that most of them then switched them off, so I keep doing it as it does let those know who've done it by mistake/forgotten.

Anyway the biggest problem is cunts texting whilst driving on motorways. I see loads every time I'm on the roads. Even truck drivers ffs.

You just stand in Halfords and ask for a replacement bulb. The answer to a blown headlight bulb isn't to put your fog lights on for the next 6 months, although clearly some think it is.

Fog lights bother me more than they probably should, but they're nigh on ubiquitous now and I'm seemingly being dazzled by every tenth car. It used to be the odd boy racer thinking it looked "sporty" but I'd say their usage in clear visibility seems to have doubled in the last couple of years; If I look at a car with them on now it's more often than not an older person who likely has no idea they're on. I have no idea what's driving their increased use, switch placement? Poor indication on the dash? Poorer knowledge / driving standards? Who knows.

I think the biggest issue surrounding dazzling is the drivers who have no idea they are doing so and haven't read the divers manual to understand they could be doing it. By which I mean that little rotary wheel next to the lights button (usually ) It alters the angle so that when you are travelling you can angle the dipped beam downwards onto the road if there is weight at the rear - helpful in poor light too. However they somehow catch that wheel and drive round with a 20stone mother in law and a grand piano in the boot with the dipped beam set to cast a long beam on the road so effectively it just points straight into your eyes. I just assume they have no idea that the lights can be elevated or lowered and that they are driving round dazzling everybody coming towards them - and most likely not caring that they are.

I think the biggest issue surrounding dazzling is the drivers who have no idea they are doing so and haven't read the divers manual to understand they could be doing it. By which I mean that little rotary wheel next to the lights button (usually ) It alters the angle so that when you are travelling you can angle the dipped beam downwards onto the road if there is weight at the rear - helpful in poor light too. However they somehow catch that wheel and drive round with a 20stone mother in law and a grand piano in the boot with the dipped beam set to cast a long beam on the road so effectively it just points straight into your eyes. I just assume they have no idea that the lights can be elevated or lowered and that they are driving round dazzling everybody coming towards them - and most likely not caring that they are.

To be fair, if they're HIDs which really can dazzle, they should be fitted with self-levelling headlights anyway.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.