Dublin stabbings / violence

On reflection I don’t think the riots were politically motivated by the far right the incident was just a trigger like people are saying it belies the problems Dublin is having, and to fair it’s not a unique situation, here in Manchester you have all the problems of creeping gentrification, pushing people out of areas and making housing unaffordable to those on ordinary incomes. It does seem that a rising tide does not float all boats

It was ' organised ' by a small number of right wingers and once the fuse had been lit,well we saw what happened.
We have a housing crisis that's putting huge pressure on people, I'm in my fifties and have a number of friends either living with their parents or kids living with them, it really is bad.
We have a venal government, maybe not as bad as the Tories but not far behind.
The two main parties in bed together to keep Sinn Fein out but they gaslight the country every day though I wonder if the Shinners would be any better.
I would expect some kind of march protesting the right to be organised soon, we do like to get out on the streets.

Not a good look for Dublin on the world's stage..can't see this being the last of the violence

Only the parts where the forriners live would be my guess.
I‘ll wait and see if he responds.

There does seem to be a narrative that these things were always going to happen, rather than it being a totally disproportionate act carried out before actually finding out what had happened, alongside muddying the waters with defining the far right.

It’s probably more people susceptible to populist slogans. They probably don’t have a wing in politics, just want all immigration stopped, which is ludicrous.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.