Dublin Trip

Reading this thread you would swear it's 1990s Bagdad you're heading to. Dublin is amazing, its a rip off, but one of the best Cities in Europe. Once you're expecting to be fleeced for drink in the City Centre you will be fine.

There has been 2 high profile attacks on an American and British tourist in recent weeks. No different to any other major city, avoid the bogey areas and you'll be fine.

Where are you staying?
No worse than Manchester.
I’ve seen some sights there.

Is your bloodline full of barmen, or what? You'll be sorted for cheap Guinness anyway.

;-)
Now that you mention it, my brother used to double job at barwork too.
I never did barman, but like most of Dublin, I did lounge service when I was a youngster, for a little while.

To the OP, you can eat cheaper if you walk across the Millenium footbridge from Temple Bar side to the Italian Quarter. You’ll see an archway with Wallace Taverna on one side and Bar Italia on the other.
A lot of cheap but decent eateries for lunch down that alley which connects the quays to the Jarvis Shopping Centre and Henry Street/Mary Street shopping area. (All Northside of course)

Lemon Jelly does a good full Irish Breakfast.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.