Dublin.

I'm new to the European away fun.

I'm assuming, should we get to the final, that the club will have an allocation from which it will sell tickets to fans with enough points etc... the ballot is for the 'international public' or whatever UEFA call spectators of neither playing team.

As for travel, prices are bound to go up closer to the final - with time and with service providers cottoning on to the final coming up.

Is there any good way of finding out what the blues are generally doing? Do must go through official travel packages?

Weaver's Goat said:
I'm new to the European away fun.

I'm assuming, should we get to the final, that the club will have an allocation from which it will sell tickets to fans with enough points etc... the ballot is for the 'international public' or whatever UEFA call spectators of neither playing team.

As for travel, prices are bound to go up closer to the final - with time and with service providers cottoning on to the final coming up.

Is there any good way of finding out what the blues are generally doing? Do must go through official travel packages?
they have already cottoned on.you'd be lucky to get a return flight to dublin in may for less than a ton.
as for accommodation,stick another 40 quid per night unless you stay in a youth hostel or a tent.

Petetheblu said:
Okay, has anyone booked anything yet?

If not when will you start thinking about booking flights, ferries and hotels?

Just wondering.

I was thinking about booking flights soon, as I could imagine travel will be tight and prices will rise.

What are folks doing?

My girlfriend booked flights (tues to fri) & hotel as my christmas present. Well chuffed. All we have to do now is actually get there.

Hotels around the Aviva have already upped their prices big time - Bewley's Ballsbridge is normally only €79 per night and they have trippled those prices already. D4 hotels are about two minutes walk from the Aviva and the last time I looked their prices were really high. You are better trying to stay away from the general area of the Aviva - try Temple Bar or the City centre, or maybe move a bit more out and stay at any of the hotels at the Airport. Certainly if you are considering coming over for the final, book your rooms now and if City don't make it, cancel them again.

Flights booked, and MULTIPLE hotels at 'normal' rates (Just in case friends from the UK make it).

So yes, I'll have spare rooms. If anyone's interested, keep a copy of my forum name and PM closer to the final date.

Of course, should the unthinkable happen, then all bets are off and I'll be canceling.

Also just completed the 'neutral' lottery for final tickets, finger crossed.

We've booked and paid for flights and hotel, where going even if city don't to the final it's a mates 40th. 8 of us going

Top prices for neutral fans at Europa League final less than cheapest for Champions League
By The Associated Press (CP) – 34 minutes ago
NYON, Switzerland — The most expensive tickets for the Europa League final cost less than the cheapest tickets generally available for the Champions League final.
UEFA's Category 1 tickets for the Europa League final in Dublin went on sale Monday for €135 ($185), with all fans able to buy Category 4 seats for €50 ($68).
UEFA angered fans in England last week by asking for €175 ($235) for the cheapest tickets available to neutral fans at Wembley Stadium for the Champions League final. Fans of the two finalists can get some seats for €95 ($130).
The best seats at Wembley cost €350 ($480) and all tickets are subject to a €31 ($40) administration fee, which was singled out for criticism by supporters' groups.
UEFA did not specify what it would charge to handle applications for tickets to see its second-tier competition final.
Europa League prices are lower than for last year's final played in Hamburg, Germany, which ranged from €55-€150 with a €30 fee.
UEFA said last week it set prices according to market prices in the host city.
Ireland's debt-ridden economy was bailed out last November and unemployment has tripled in the past three years.
The Europa League final is to be played on May 18 at the 51,000-capacity venue formerly known as Lansdowne Road.
Copyright © 2011 The Canadian Press. All rights reserved.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.