Dunblane

kinkladze10

I know this is old news but watching Wimbledon yesterday, I felt proud of Andy Murray he was in the school that very day. In his autobiography (not read it) apparently mentions how he went to scout clubs run by Thomas Hamilton and that his mum used to drop Thomas Hamilton off sometimes at home and has small recollections about that day but remembers hiding in a classroom.

Watched the Dunblane massacre documentary on the Crime Channel the other week, how the hell can somebody walk in a School and shoot a load of innocent children? At the end it showed a cloak room with all the uncollected coats and bags from the classroom that was effected truly a chilling and disturbing moment one of the saddest things I've ever seen on tv. Apparently Thomas Hamilton got his timing wrong and was meant to go into the School when the assembly was on another chilling moment.

I truly hope he wins Wimbledon tomorrow having come through such a tragedy, maybe even a small victory for the people and victims of Dunblane, even if he get beat tomorrow too overcome and achieve what he has done is remarkable.

Re: Dunblaine

I have very little interest in tennis...but I do like Murray.

His "haters" always bang on about him "hating England" - quoting him saying that he'd always support anyone playing football against England. I respect him even more for that comment! To me it just shows him as a "normal" football fan, rather than toadying to the English media and trotting out the expected "England ra-ra-ra" answer.

I hope on Sunday we have a British Wimbledon Men's Champions, as opposed to a scottish runner-up!

Oh - and he's a Hibs fan too - good lad!!

Never knew this, never really had an opinion on one way or the other to be honest but see him in a completely different light to the one we're lead to believe, stuff like that leaves huge scars on adults let alone young children so could explain many things about him, such a sad sad day.
Being a soft and sentimental old fool you've now perked my interest in the tennis and will watch and cheer him on.

well respect to him for his fortitude in dealing with that

but still not arsed about him winning wimbledon

this whole ''British'' thing is looking a bit lame given the current favouritism shown to the Scots in terms of tax spend, health, education etc, not to mention the fact that the Scots will be voting on whether they wish to remain part of the UK again.....pretty hard to feel ''British'' these days

but yes he's dealt admirably with that tragedy

Murray supports anyone but England at football. So do half of Bluemooners.

That said, I don't get tennis at all.

fair play to him if he wins, I just think Federer is better than him and will beat him, too much pressure maybe and the fact he's had chances before and been soundly beaten.

Maybe he'd stand better chance if it was the Olympics, could see him winning gold there but just think the top 3 players are nearly always on their games for slams and tend to get the better of him.

At least he didn't have to play one in the semi due to Nadal flopping so that's a plus point for him, he always fails in the final of a slam when he's had to play 1 of the top 3 in the semi and another in the final, maybe tomorrow will be different.

Re: Dunblaine

mcfc2112 said:
I have very little interest in tennis...but I do like Murray.

His "haters" always bang on about him "hating England" - quoting him saying that he'd always support anyone playing football against England. I respect him even more for that comment! To me it just shows him as a "normal" football fan, rather than toadying to the English media and trotting out the expected "England ra-ra-ra" answer.

This ^^^^
If he was a Blue, and united were in a Cup final and he said ''anyone but united'', the same people who ''hate'' him for his England comment would be creaming themselves over his anti rag comments.

I like him, i like the fact he is just himself, everyone bangs on about him smiling more, but he's working, either playing or answering questions, i'm always suss of cunts who are smiling all the time, especially at work.

On the anti England thing, i read that he was stitched up by the journo on that, and it was all a bit of banter, the journo's comments like who have Scotland got in the world cup and saying they might get a ref there if lucky, were left out of the write up. He likes his footy so was just bantering, nowt wrong with that IMO.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.