Dunne still a MCFC player?

I like Dunne and i respect him and honor him! but first day when he needs to fight for his place he wants to leave! that tells me alot!!

Make no mistake, Dunne never wanted to leave city - he was forced out! Regardless of how you felt about Dunne as a player no one can deny his nine years of loyal service where he shed blood sweat and tears for the club he loved. What did he get in return - nothing but disrespect from the manager and everyone else involved. Although he had 3+ years on his contract plus the testimonial that he, undoubtedly, deserved his bags were packed for him and he was pushed out the door. The compensation city offered him was an insult and a real FU! This is all fact and it will all be told soon enough.

dublin24 said:
Make no mistake, Dunne never wanted to leave city - he was forced out! Regardless of how you felt about Dunne as a player no one can deny his nine years of loyal service where he shed blood sweat and tears for the club he loved. What did he get in return - nothing but disrespect from the manager and everyone else involved. Although he had 3+ years on his contract plus the testimonial that he, undoubtedly, deserved his bags were packed for him and he was pushed out the door. The compensation city offered him was an insult and a real FU! This is all fact and it will all be told soon enough.

agree about his loyal service, not sure about being pushed out, the lad needs and deserves first team football, he would not get that at city now. he has been a rock at times, in fact 99% of the time but where we are now we can't have silly sendings off, daft own goals and barmy pens.
sorry but we move on.
thank you dunnie, you got us where are now.

I'm not a critic of Richard Dunne, and in fact I was hoping the deal would fall through so that he would remain with us. Whether a first choice player or not he would still be a very welcome part of the squad for me but this whole he loved the club, sweated blood and tears doesn't wash with me. The guy was paid a fortune, weekley! For that I would expect somebody to play to the best of their abilities. There is nothing loyal about it, it's just a job for the Pros. The days of Gary Owen, Mike Doyle, Alan Oakes et al are long gone. Very few players are lucky enough to be able to stay with one club, and also want to stay at one club.

Though to be fair to players, and management we the fans are very unforgiving. MoN has done reasonably well over two years and they were baying for his blood at Villa Park after the opening day. Dunne is a perfect example, player of the season fours year on the run yet one less than perfect season last year and certain sections of the fans turned on him in an instant. Players have to do what is right for them and their families. Just the way it is. We as fans are too loyal or blinkered to accept that in this day and age for professionals a club means pretty much nothing other than a pay packet and to be honest why should it when they can get hounded and turned upon in the blink of an eye.

dublin24 said:
He got nothing in return?
How much has he grossed in the last 9 years??
Thanks Dunney and good luck.

dublin24 said:

Tara Dunney.

pominoz said:
dublin24 said:
He got nothing in return?
How much has he grossed in the last 9 years??
Thanks Dunney and good luck.

Just saying, that I have some inside knowledge of how it all went down. Dunne was blind sided. He wanted to finish his career at City and was willing to fight for his position. He was forced out. When I say he got nothing in return, I am not necessarily talking financially. How about respect, how about loyalty how about having the decency to be up straight with a player that's been loyal to a club for nine years. Having said that, I do believe if a contract is broken, in any walk of life, an employee is entitled to what they're due. Mark Hughes was not honest in the press and Gary Cook is the puppet master!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.