Dunne

Jocks Y-Fronts

When he went down the tunnel, he should have got into his car and kept on going. he stayed on about 15 minutes more than he deserved after his 5th. or 6th. "mis-timed" assault on a Hamburg player.

Captain - my arse

Leader - also my arse

Skill - nil

Passing - nil

Absolutely awful and a major liability - he is definetely the weakest link.

Goodbye.

Make no mistake he was poor last night & deserved his sending off but if he could just concentrate on his own game and not have to cover Richards every 5 minutes then i'm sure we'd see a better player.
He doesn't trust Richards at all & is then caught in two minds as he has to work out whether to stay with his man or move over to cover Richards inevitable mistakes or dreadful positional sense.

I firmly believe he'll be a bit-part player next season, if not let go entirely. I think the centreback position will be the first position we look to strengthen this summer. I'd favour pillaging Everton of Lescott, hell lets Jagielka too.

He's been a fantastic servant of the club down the years and it's not been all bad but for every well timed crucial challenge he's made there are almost an equal number of moments of pure calamity. Last night was no different and Jol clearly had the Hamburg players targeting him after he got that early booking. The red card was painfully inevitable and how Hughes didn’t see it coming bewilders me.

Agree with both of you.

Richards is making Dunne look bad and this is compounded when SWP isnt helping them out on that side of the field.

But neither Richards or Dunne are great players and if we want to go forward then they are not going to be part of it.

The red card was indeed inevitable and MH should have seen it coming and had the nuts to replace him - captain or not.

The ref warned him in the 1st half that the next 1 is early bath for him, Hughes should have taken him off at half time, we had the players there who are more than good enough to cover.
Shocking playing and shocking management.

Bunk said:
I firmly believe he'll be a bit-part player next season, if not let go entirely. I think the centreback position will be the first position we look to strengthen this summer. I'd favour pillaging Everton of Lescott, hell lets Jagielka too.

He's been a fantastic servant of the club down the years and it's not been all bad but for every well timed crucial challenge he's made there are almost an equal number of moments of pure calamity. Last night was no different and Jol clearly had the Hamburg players targeting him after he got that early booking. The red card was painfully inevitable and how Hughes didn’t see it coming bewilders me.

Jagielka is dog sh*t

Lescott is Ok but Everton are well drilled, City aren't.

Dunne is no better or worse than the two above.

Recently his timing has looked terrible. Also I don't think he should be captaining the team - he dosen't display any leadership qualities in his behaviour.

I've no doubt that he's been magnificent for us in the past but he's past his sell by date and if we can't get a better centre back we won't progress next season.

Richards is a extremely young player who has already shown flashes of his potential and should not be written off because of a dip in form, however i would have no qualms aboult dunnie being replaced he is a good honest pro but really is faultering a lot recently i would give liverpool the asking price for agger

TudorRose said:
Bunk said:

Jagielka is dog sh*t

Lescott is Ok but Everton are well drilled, City aren't.

Dunne is no better or worse than the two above.

So Dunne is as good as Lescott is he mate?.........................

Dunne knows what he did wrong. He knows he screwed up. If one of our lads up front had managed to do their job and get the ball on target, if they'd done their job we wouldn't all be pointing fingers at Dunne. It's pointless. Ya he screwed up, but no one knows that better then Dunne himself.
He's done wonders for us in the past. Yet it's so easy to blame him.
It's impossible to be a defender and get credit. Forwards have it easy, they could play terribly all game and score a goal in the 90th minute and be the hero. Defenders job is in a way harder and they get let credit. If they get booked early on and they are playing against a player who is faster or stronger then them then it'll be a very hard night. Ya it was a stupid clumsy challenge, but give the guy a break.
Defenders, and keepers especially will either always go unnoticed unless they're the villain, unless they screw up.

One thing I did notice is that when Dunne did get sent off Given who had been comanding his area well, just grew into the role more so. He commanded well from the back, especially when Dunne was sent off. I don't know how I feel about keepers being captains, but I think if he constantly keeps putting in a case, I think vice captain at least by be appropriate.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.