Dunne

Seosa

No doubt I'm gonna get hammered for this thread but I felt it was needed. In the past I've been crucified for criticising Dunne and on numerous occasions been branded 'not a real fan'. However today was a perfect example of why I never liked Dunne. Not as a person, I met him a couple of times a few years back at Carrington when I was younger, but as a player. His size and power are his two main attributes but he lacks everything else, mainly brain function.

I have always said that Dunne only looks good when a top defender is beside him making up for his mistakes and covering him. Distin did it for years. Distin, much like James Collins today, was one of the most underrated Centre Backs in the league. He was consistently one of our best players alongside Anelka and SWP and when they left he was our rock. He was also a superb captain IMO. I didn't like the way he left, but the way the fans ignored his contribution to the team it didn't really surprise me. All City fans, or the supporter's clubs who have the chance to vote, could see was Dunnie Dunnie Dunnie, he was our best player, he's a City legend. Then Distin left and Pearce and then Sven bugger up Richard's career by making him a left centre back. This puts pressure on Richards; not only is his progress being stalled massively but he's also being played well out of position and he's having to attempt to carry Dunne, sending him backwards as a footballer and he's never been able to progress since. Isn't it funny how Dunne's 'form seemed to dip in his last two years at City'.

Sven and Hughes wanted to keep the fans on their side, so they kept the captaincy on Dunne, the obvious fan favourite, but tbf he couldn't lead a line.

Then he goes to Villa. Hughes and Cook get slaughtered by the fams, Dunne gives his bitchy comments about 'needing the money' and soon finds his new Distin: Collins. Collins is Villa's rock like Distin was ours and he carried Dunne last season along with Warnock.
Today Dunne didn't have a top defender with him and he was at fault for at least 3 or Newcastle's goals, much like he was back in his City days.

So my message for those who worship 'Good Ol' Dunney': Please open your eyes to what sort of a player he is and PLEASE do not brand someone who was a liability for us for 9 years a legend, because quite frankly thats an insult to the true legends of the club and I incude Shaun Goater in that list.

Rant over.

Very interesting point of view, and I'm not going to agree or contradict it because I'd never really thought about the points you raise.

That said, I think one or two games in is a bit early to judge and if you're right then he's possibly in for a nightmare season. Time will tell I guess.

Now we know why he was sold........but remember,and this isnt a dig....you dont win player of year 4 years on trot,if you are being carried.

Was useless today I agree,and did remind me of some of his games at City,were he was at fault,but come on fuck it now lets move on.

In Lescott we trust ????

LOL

No, this is a insult to us, and to dunne. You raise a few interesting points, but in the end, this is just disrespectful garbage.

Dunne has always presented the opposition with at least one platinum edged chance a game. They most overrated player I have ever seen as captain at city.

meeesh said:
Now we know why he was sold........but remember,and this isnt a dig....you dont win player of year 4 years on trot,if you are being carried.

Was useless today I agree,and did remind me of some of his games at City,were he was at fault,but come on fuck it now lets move on.

In Lescott we trust ????

LOL

Mate he won those awards for being popular. IMO, year by year for every year he won should've gone like this:
04/05 - SWP
05/06 - Distin/James
06/07 - Distin/Barton
07/08 - Elano

Dunney = legend in my eyes.

One poor game in a Villa shirt against Newcastle doesn't change a thing.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.