Dunnie gone to Villa for 6m :-(

blueinsa said:
mammutly said:
This is a prime example of what happens when you give a blank cheque book to an idiot.

TWENTY FOUR MILLION POUNDS for Lescott and we sell Dunne for £6 million. It's madness!

However you dress it up, and there's been far too much spin at this club recently, this is very, very, very poor business.

The 'transfer strategy' is a load of shite. It's just Hughes buying who is available and paying absolutely stupid money to get players who aren't. The Lescott and RSC deals must be close to Steve Daley standard and Toure and Abedeyour are not far off.

In footballing terms, there is no way should Richard Dunne should have been 'replaced by Lescott and when you look at the money involved, it's just, well, fucking ridiculous frankly.

Sorry bud but i just can not agree with any of this and im a fan of Dunnie!

Do you really think Lescott is worth £24 million?

I cant agree with this fella....... and I'm a big fan of Dunnie and hope he stays

mammutly said:
This is a prime example of what happens when you give a blank cheque book to an idiot.

TWENTY FOUR MILLION POUNDS for Lescott and we sell Dunne for £6 million. It's madness!

However you dress it up, and there's been far too much spin at this club recently, this is very, very, very poor business.

The 'transfer strategy' is a load of shite. It's just Hughes buying who is available and paying absolutely stupid money to get players who aren't. The Lescott and RSC deals must be close to Steve Daley standard and Toure and Abedeyour are not far off.

In footballing terms, there is no way should Richard Dunne should have been 'replaced by Lescott and when you look at the money involved, it's just, well, fucking ridiculous frankly.

mammutly said:

Since when did Hughes negotiate how much we were going to pay for players? Is it possible that you are blaming him for something which is way above his head?
Saying that players aren't worth the money that's paid for them, before they actually have a chance is ridiculous. Saying Jo isn't worth £18m is fair, but saying RSC isn't worth 20 is unfair. Ferdinand's transfer for £33m looked ridiculous back then, but now looks like fantastic business.
Also, who is to decide what is stupid money and what isn't? The football economy does that, and right now, City valued Lescott at a certain price, which we paid in the area of. £250k used to be stupid money for players. Inflation's a woman.

Lastly, if Hughes has decided to replace Dunne with Lescott, then forgive me if I go with the judgement of a highly qualified and highly experienced team of football coaches and scouts instead of you.

Frankly though, there is just no arguing with you.

mammutly said:

6a00d8341c94c853ef01116855aea2970c-800wi

If Dunnie leaves I'm sure it will be his decision. For 6m he's worth more to us as cover.

One possibility is that MH discussed the possibility with MON when the Barry deal was being done. I'm sure Dunnie would have been in the loop if that was the case. If this is all true then it might have been on the cards awhile back.

mammutly said:

FFS !

Sad to see him go but:
- he's not a good enough captain
- he's not as good a defender as Toure, Lescott, Onuoha or maybe even Kompany

A great servant but it just makes sense.

Rumour is they're getting Distin aswell.

mammutly said:
blueinsa said:
Sorry bud but i just can not agree with any of this and im a fan of Dunnie!

Do you really think Lescott is worth £24 million?

I dont think any footballer is worth more than a million, it's all stupid money mate but what i think does not matter.

A player is worth exactly what the buying club is willing to pay and on this occasion that was £24m.

I also think that Lescott is an improvement on Dunnie.

I love Dunnie but times change and we are a changing.

As for the comments about Toure and Adebayor, im sorry but i just dont agree.

Hughes, im not ashamed to say, i was for getting rid last year and he still needs to prove himself in my eyes but im more than willing to give him that chance this season.

Time will tell...

kinkysleftfoot said:
I cant agree with this fella....... and I'm a big fan of Dunnie and hope he stays

mammutly said:

Adebayor not far off Steve Daley standard?! Granted, we have paid over the odds for these players but tell me you aren't comparing him to Steve Daley!?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.