Dusan Vlahovic | Signed for Juventus

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’d say he’s more like Davor Šuker, in fact it’s uncanny
A little. Both left footed and from the Balkans, and both great finishers, but Vlahovic is considerably taller(7cm) and physically much stronger. Vlahovic has been playing as the lead prong, so when he drops deeper to collect or pass to onward runners, he’s basically playing how Mourinho had Kane playing, so the comparisons are understandable.

Haha yeah, he is only 21 as well so he could be their aguero for a decade ;)
Aguero joined the FA Cup winners with CL football and an internationally recognized manager and won the league in his first season not a team in a relegation battle who'd just been dumped out of the FA Cup by Cambridge! Newcastle are still a way off from making those sorts of signings.

This is the type of signing that Man City have been doing since the takeover. Signing young lads who aren’t quite superstars but have potential to be…

KDB, aguero, David silva, sane, B silva, stones, Ederson. None of these players was over hyped world superstars at the time. Yes they was regarded as great players with potential but I honestly believe vlahovic might meet the business model more than Haaland would. Yes the fee for Vlahovic would be around 90 million for him but the wages would be more reasonable (maybe 100k to 170k?)
Compared to Haaland rumoured demanding around 300-400k and the media circus around him, I can see city going for the other lad!

Not gonna lie though, I really want Haaland but I also understand why Vlahovic makes sense and allot of sense! City do things the proper and sensible way.

Reminds me of Kane

I agree, he basically is Kane. That playmaking from deep would fit us so well and something I think he is better than Haaland at.

Arguably would fit in quicker than Haaland even if Haaland has a higher potential or ceiling.

He would be way cheaper too, I'd be shocked if the higher ups weren't looking at him as an option if Haaland cannot happen.

I agree, he basically is Kane. That playmaking from deep would fit us so well and something I think he is better than Haaland at.

Arguably would fit in quicker than Haaland even if Haaland has a higher potential or ceiling.

He would be way cheaper too, I'd be shocked if the higher ups weren't looking at him as an option if Haaland cannot happen.
Arguably? Hmm, I wouldn’t say that at all.

For some reason, because we were after Kane last summer, people just assumed that he was “Pep’s dream” and the ideal guy. When in fact we had inquired about Haaland even before we pursued Kane. And the summer before, Pep wanted Lukaku.

I am convinced that Haaland is the perfect 9 for Pep’s system, especially with the combined experience of his Salzburg and Dortmund days. His games will fit us and the PL perfectly. His stats, including ones that matter like around pressing, are examples.

I do think Vlahovic would do well too, and while he is a good alternative, there are risks involved, make no mistake about it.

What I don’t understand is when some people claim that Haaland would come and maybe want to leave in a few years to Spain because Raiola is such a **** agent etc, and Vlahovic somehow would come and never want to leave? The way his agent has behaved and looking into his history, I would think there is a higher chance of him trying a move to Spain or a Bayern or Juve in a few years than with Raiola who has a history of respecting players that don’t want to leave. And even if you assume both could want to leave... the club would make more money with Haaland.

Having said this, let’s just pretend Ornstein was correct that Isak and Vlahovic are seen as the Haaland alternatives, I would certainly prefer Vlahovic to Isak. (But Ornstein’s words make me think Isak would be ahead)

Watching Juventus’ come back from a 3-1 to win 3-4 against Roma earlier also reminded me of the fascination Juve exerts on Serie A players. Can see him go there if Arsenal and Newcastle aren’t “good enough”

Arguably? Hmm, I wouldn’t say that at all.

For some reason, because we were after Kane last summer, people just assumed that he was “Pep’s dream” and the ideal guy. When in fact we had inquired about Haaland even before we pursued Kane. And the summer before, Pep wanted Lukaku.

I am convinced that Haaland is the perfect 9 for Pep’s system, especially with the combined experience of his Salzburg and Dortmund days. His games will fit us and the PL perfectly. His stats, including ones that matter like around pressing, are examples.

I do think Vlahovic would do well too, and while he is a good alternative, there are risks involved, make no mistake about it.

What I don’t understand is when some people claim that Haaland would come and maybe want to leave in a few years to Spain because Raiola is such a **** agent etc, and Vlahovic somehow would come and never want to leave? The way his agent has behaved and looking into his history, I would think there is a higher chance of him trying a move to Spain or a Bayern or Juve in a few years than with Raiola who has a history of respecting players that don’t want to leave. And even if you assume both could want to leave... the club would make more money with Haaland.

Having said this, let’s just pretend Ornstein was correct that Isak and Vlahovic are seen as the Haaland alternatives, I would certainly prefer Vlahovic to Isak. (But Ornstein’s words make me think Isak would be ahead)

Watching Juventus’ come back from a 3-1 to win 3-4 against Roma earlier also reminded me of the fascination Juve exerts on Serie A players. Can see him go there if Arsenal and Newcastle aren’t “good enough”
I mean I don't know about all the discussion about Haaland leaving early or whatever, I don't really care about that.

I could see Juventus going for him, players in Italy do often stay within the league I suppose.

But I disagree when you say it's not arguable Vlahovic does not fit better, I cannot say outright Haaland fits us better, there is an element of doubt of who is the better fit.

I also disagree if you don't think Pep wanted Kane as his number 1, I think that much was obvious how much we pursued him, and his style as a striker who can drop deep and create was clearly what Pep was looking for.

For example, one could argue that Haaland gets so many goals in Germany due to how open the teams are there and how often he scores goals by running behind, this doesn't happen often for City. Now I think Haaland could adapt to City but Vlahovic could perhaps adapt quicker.

There are risks to any striker (or player) we bring in, I have to trust the club they made the best decision.

I still think they’re far more likely to go for Scamacca, and Vlahovic‘s reputation amongst Florentines would plummet if he joined Juventus: ‘Traditore!’

I mean I don't know about all the discussion about Haaland leaving early or whatever, I don't really care about that.

I could see Juventus going for him, players in Italy do often stay within the league I suppose.

But I disagree when you say it's not arguable Vlahovic does not fit better, I cannot say outright Haaland fits us better, there is an element of doubt of who is the better fit.

I also disagree if you don't think Pep wanted Kane as his number 1, I think that much was obvious how much we pursued him, and his style as a striker who can drop deep and create was clearly what Pep was looking for.

For example, one could argue that Haaland gets so many goals in Germany due to how open the teams are there and how often he scores goals by running behind, this doesn't happen often for City. Now I think Haaland could adapt to City but Vlahovic could perhaps adapt quicker.

There are risks to any striker (or player) we bring in, I have to trust the club they made the best decision.
I don’t know why people struggle with the notion that last summer Pep may have settled for Kane after it was clear early on that Dortmund would be inflexible on their fee demands. Chelsea also quickly turned to Lukaku.
Kane had an extraordinary double digit stat of assists last season. However, in the seasons before his assist numbers were all single digit and nothing impressive. Haaland had six league assists last season which besides last season, Kane only bested in 2016/17 when he had seven, one more.
This season so far Kane has had one league assist and Haaland has had five, even though the “English captain” has played five more league games than the Norwegian.
I agree that any player comes with risks, but the more proven at a higher level a player is, the less risks he will offer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.