Dusan Vlahovic | Signed for Juventus

Status
Not open for further replies.
I sometimes wonder if this false nine is just the way the press try to describe our forward positions, in reality we keep one player as wide as possible on each side; and the others are mixing it up without blocking the LB & RB over/underlap channels - it’s more of a swarm than positions with rapid changes of who is where.

It takes players time to work out the quick pace of positional rotation up front which is why it’s hard to settle and be productive - and why we need serious football brains and not individual stars in the team.

It’s also why traditional defensive set ups struggle against city and why almost every team drops to 5 or 6 in the back line of defence - it’s just impossible to man mark.

If we do get a true out and out striker, they need to be more than just a goal poacher (Sergio struggled with this to start) so that actually cuts down the number of players that would work in the current system - unless we change to accommodate- don’t think pep will do that.

Outside of Haaland or Kane I struggle to see the right fit which is why we might end up with swapping out a midfielder for another attacking midfielder.

Didn’t pep once say he would prefer to play with 11 midfielders ? Well with Eddie and our current back line that’s what we do currently basically - not done too bad for us has it.

I don’t know enough about Vlahović to say if he would be a good fit or not, but if pep wanted him I do too.
go and check out Christopher Nkunku you will find the exact player you describe

No way Sterling out he deserves a season with a world-class striker upfront. As long as he extends of course.
Should we pay a massive contract for a player that so far doesn’t deserve it . Sterling should only receive a contract offer if he performs well enough until the end of the season. If he wants to stay then he should agree to that deal .

We can only have one main man. It will be one or the other.
That's what I thought too but just today I'm wondering if Pep might have a mad plan to play two. Unlikely I know but I'd love some mental wild card change of strategy. :-)

One concern I have about this transfer, he has popped up over the past two seasons as a star, and is performing at a level because he is playing every game for Fiorentina. How would he perform when maybe on the bench one in three to four games at City? Haaland has just spent an extended period injured, but scored in his first two games back, so game time maybe less important on his goalscoring.

My other would be that if we land him, it would look like we will not be going after Haaland, and therefore allowing another team to obtain what could be classed as the best young striker in Europe. Hopefully if this happens, it would not be an EPL team.

One concern I have about this transfer, he has popped up over the past two seasons as a star, and is performing at a level because he is playing every game for Fiorentina. How would he perform when maybe on the bench one in three to four games at City? Haaland has just spent an extended period injured, but scored in his first two games back, so game time maybe less important on his goalscoring.

My other would be that if we land him, it would look like we will not be going after Haaland, and therefore allowing another team to obtain what could be classed as the best young striker in Europe. Hopefully if this happens, it would not be an EPL team.
My main concern is that goals in Serie A often don't translate well to goals in the Premier League. I feel like Bundesliga players tend to do better. Obviously Werner disproves this theory, but I think generally it's true.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.