Dynamo Kiev (h) pre-match thread

Play bony up front in a 4-4-2, he did cost more per goal than the abysmal Nacho.
Make sure the full backs push well up, you don't want the zone near our goal to be too crowded.
No need to give silva and kompany a rest, they can handle playing every match coming back from injuries.
If yaya gets fit, play him in a midfield two to shield the defense.
Don't name more than one academy player on the subs bench.
Sterling played really well against them last time, so silva and navas on the wings.
Silva, get practising on those lovely slow outswinging corners.
Make sure we have sterling warned up for our solitary 60th minute sub.

Anything I forgot?

Play bony up front in a 4-4-2, he did cost more per goal than the abysmal Nacho.
Make sure the full backs push well up, you don't want the zone near our goal to be too crowded.
No need to give silva and kompany a rest, they can handle playing every match coming back from injuries.
Sterling played really well against them last time, so silva and navas on the wings.

Anything I forgot?

Miscalculate how many goals we need to be safely through.

Anything I forgot?

Go all out attack when we're only 2-0 down..

Hang on. Arsenal are going out, that's nailed on. If we were to go out (or had already gone out) I was told the other day on good authority England would lose the fourth spot in the CL, with no team from the PL in the quarter finals. Think about that, if it's true. We may well need that fourth place. Fairly strong team for this, please. Let's get this done.
Absolute rubbish. England have four places guaranteed for 2016-17 because that was based on last seasons rankings. It is also highly likely that England will get four in the 2017-18 Champions League. England are well ahead of Italy and have more clubs in contention for this season.

The danger is that Italy could take the fourth place from England in the 2018-19 season as things stand. This could change dependent on the results for the rest of this season plus next season.

Absolute rubbish. England have four places guaranteed for 2016-17 because that was based on last seasons rankings. It is also highly likely that England will get four in the 2017-18 Champions League. England are well ahead of Italy and have more clubs in contention for this season.

The danger is that Italy could take the fourth place from England in the 2018-19 season as things stand. This could change dependent on the results for the rest of this season plus next season.

I've been trying to figure this out. So the end-of-season points totals will determine spots for 17-18, not 16-17?

As of this moment, England is about 4 points ahead of Italy cumulatively for 4 years prior to this year plus this season to date, and a 7.8 point advantage will drop off from 10-11. So if no English nor Italian team won any more UEFA points, England loses a spot in 17-18, right? England need another 4 points relative to Italy this season to ensure 4 CL spots in 17-18. City should make the round of 8; that helps. But what if Lazio makes the EL finals and Liverpool gets done over in the round of 8? We already assume Juve and Arsenal are out of CL, and Spurs out of EL.

I get really confused by this stuff (and I've veered slightly off topic after a few glasses of pinot noir) so help would be appreciated.

Have to dust ourselves down for this one. With the advantage from the home leg, I'd be tempted to rest a few players with one eye on the derby. Personally, I'd keep Kompany, Silva and Aguero on the bench and hope they're not needed. Not sure Pellegrini will take any risks though, given the importance of the Champions League to the club.

We could play ten behind the ball and bark the bus for the full 90 minutes and that should at least get us through unless you are MP and you set us up defensively the way he does (LOL).

If we don't get through this game no matter who lines up for us then he should get the bullet before the Manure game and bring PV to takeover for the remainder of the season and at least give us the best chance of qualifying for the elimination rounds next season.

At least one of West Ham and Manure and Liverpool and possibly still Southampton will finish above us if MP's current tactics are employed for the remaining 9 games no matter even if he bites the bullet and plays a couple of players from the outset that might have a bit of a future under Pep.

Not a single shot on target in 45 minutes of football against a side who had lost 8 of its previous 9 games who we put three past in a cup tie with an understrength side without breaking sweat tells me how far we have regressed under MP.

Kiev will probably have had a couple of games since the first leg so they will be a much tougher test. Wouldn't be surprised if its another nervous night for us all.

We could play ten behind the ball and bark the bus for the full 90 minutes and that should at least get us through unless you are MP and you set us up defensively the way he does (LOL).

If we don't get through this game no matter who lines up for us then he should get the bullet before the Manure game and bring PV to takeover for the remainder of the season and at least give us the best chance of qualifying for the elimination rounds next season.

At least one of West Ham and Manure and Liverpool and possibly still Southampton will finish above us if MP's current tactics are employed for the remaining 9 games no matter even if he bites the bullet and plays a couple of players from the outset that might have a bit of a future under Pep.

Not a single shot on target in 45 minutes of football against a side who had lost 8 of its previous 9 games who we put three past in a cup tie with an understrength side without breaking sweat tells me how far we have regressed under MP.
Man some one better stock up Vick's drops in dressing room for soar throats.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.