Dynamo Kiev (h) pre-match thread

aLJMNCwi_normal.jpg
Manchester City FC

‎@MCFC

HART: "I feel good. I’m in a good place age-wise in my career and I need to be at this level if I want to play in these types of games."

Follow

https://twitter.com/download
Manchester City FC

‎@MCFC

PELLEGRINI: "Yaya is fit to play tomorrow. He has no problems. Nasri, Delph and De Bruyne, I expect they can play during the internationals"

aLJMNCwi_normal.jpg
Manchester City FC

‎@MCFC

PELLEGRINI: “We’ve improved. Before I arrived here, the club didn’t qualify for the last 16 but we’ve done it twice in the first two years."

Follow

https://twitter.com/download
Manchester City FC

‎@MCFC

PELLEGRINI: “The most important thing is to know we have not yet qualified. We play against a team who know how to play this type of game."

2016-17 is categorically not at risk. Only Juventus from Italy are still in the CL and it looks as if they will get knocked out by Bayern Munich so 2017-18 is unlikely to be at risk either. After that it is down to the English teams to do better than the Italians.

I asked this before -- still not sure this I'm right, but for 17/18 . . . the current English lead over Italy inclusive of points gained so far is 4 points, but an 8 point gap from 10/11 drops off the cumulative calculation so isn't England in the hole? Best I can tell England still need 4 more points than Italy. And while Juve may be unlikely to gain any more points, Lazio is still in the EL. If they get to the final and (let's assume) Liverpool fail in the EL round of 8 and City do too, it's going to be awfully tight by my reckoning. I'm assuming Spurs is done for also.

I asked this before -- still not sure this I'm right, but for 17/18 . . . the current English lead over Italy inclusive of points gained so far is 4 points, but an 8 point gap from 10/11 drops off the cumulative calculation so isn't England in the hole? Best I can tell England still need 4 more points than Italy. And while Juve may be unlikely to gain any more points, Lazio is still in the EL. If they get to the final and (let's assume) Liverpool fail in the EL round of 8 and City do too, it's going to be awfully tight by my reckoning. I'm assuming Spurs is done for also.

2015/16 final standings determine 2017/18 places
England 4 points ahead of Italy as things currently stand.
Calculation based on AVERAGE points earned by all teams in Europa League + Champions League
My rough calculations suggest that Lazio AND Juventus would both need to reach respective Finals winning virtually every game en-route with City + Liverpool exiting empty handed at next round for Italy to overtake England in 2015/16 standings. A Lazio run to final is not enough on its own to overcome points gap

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.