Dynamo Kiev (h) pre-match thread

Hang on. Arsenal are going out, that's nailed on. If we were to go out (or had already gone out) I was told the other day on good authority England would lose the fourth spot in the CL, with no team from the PL in the quarter finals. Think about that, if it's true. We may well need that fourth place. Fairly strong team for this, please. Let's get this done.
Not sure about that. Fourth spot is in danger but that is 2017/2018 I think??

We could play ten behind the ball and bark the bus for the full 90 minutes and that should at least get us through unless you are MP and you set us up defensively the way he does (LOL).

If we don't get through this game no matter who lines up for us then he should get the bullet before the Manure game and bring PV to takeover for the remainder of the season and at least give us the best chance of qualifying for the elimination rounds next season.

At least one of West Ham and Manure and Liverpool and possibly still Southampton will finish above us if MP's current tactics are employed for the remaining 9 games no matter even if he bites the bullet and plays a couple of players from the outset that might have a bit of a future under Pep.

Not a single shot on target in 45 minutes of football against a side who had lost 8 of its previous 9 games who we put three past in a cup tie with an understrength side without breaking sweat tells me how far we have regressed under MP.
Not sure the Cup game was of any significance as Norwich effectively through in the towel before kick off. Still we were poor on Saturday and would probably have lost playing like that against a decent side which Norwich most certainly are not.

We have to start concentrating on the league now

I'd take a small risk and have Kompany, Aguero and Silva on the bench.
Kind of agree as we really must win on Sunday and should be able to finish off the tie with a weakened side. However, not sure the manager sees it like that he wants to progress at all costs and then hope for a favourable draw. Also I think a lot of our players privately harbour hopes of progressing deep into the competition and this is a bigger motivational factor than winning the league again. I along with most City fans don't believe that this is a realistic goal but then who in their right mind would have predicted Leicester would be top in March last August. I suspect some of our players secretly dream of glory in May and may sub-conciously at least believe they can and the same goes for the manager. No we won't be resting players tm night

Not sure about that. Fourth spot is in danger but that is 2017/2018 I think??

2016-17 is categorically not at risk. Only Juventus from Italy are still in the CL and it looks as if they will get knocked out by Bayern Munich so 2017-18 is unlikely to be at risk either. After that it is down to the English teams to do better than the Italians.

Yes, let's leave out Kompany-Silva-Aguero. And why? Only 2nd game in 10 days. And next game not until Sunday. Amazing if not arrogant thinking we will get an easy game as if we are so bloody consistent, not!
Not too bothered if Yaya isn't fit for the Kiev game. Somehow in Europe we do ok without him in the line-up. Different matter in the PL, so I hope Yaya is fit for Sunday and ready to show his big-game mentality that day. As for tomorrow I'd play our best 11 (Hart-Sagna-Kompany-Otamendi-Clichy-Fernando-Fernandinho-Silva-Navas-Sterling-Aguero), and get through this game that will leave everybody with a positive feeling after 90 minutes.
And maybe we should try and get a good atmosphere within Etihad for a change.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.