Dzeko / Bent article in Guardian

UlsterCitizen

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/blog/2011/jan/22/edin-dzeko-darren-bent-transfer" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/blog ... t-transfer</a>

Well worh a read

Some of you may be impressed by what you're reading but the majority of that is wrong.

- Bent is not stronger than Dzeko.
- Dzeko is the best header of the ball in world football, if he's an 8 I'd love to see a 9.
- Again, if Dzeko's finishing is an 8 I'd hate to see a 9.
- Bent a 7 for heading?! That's a sick joke lol.

Dzeko is a million miles better than the average Bent.

Catenaccio said:
Some of you may be impressed by what you're reading but the majority of that is wrong.

- Bent is not stronger than Dzeko.
- Dzeko is the best header of the ball in world football, if he's an 8 I'd love to see a 9.
- Again, if Dzeko's finishing is an 8 I'd hate to see a 9.
- Bent a 7 for heading?! That's a sick joke lol.

Dzeko is a million miles better than the average Bent.

Couldn't agree more. I think Bent rates highly on his heading though because his movement is really good and he gets in the positions to get on the end of crosses more of than not. That said, same is true of Dzeko per Old Trafford last season.

Lets not do Bent an injustice though eh?

The guy does score goals , and his record speaks for itself .....

we defend like we have been doing in recent games , and he'll be addin' to that record tomorrow!

He scores goals because he's always the spearhead of an average side, every attack ends with him because nobody else can be trusted. Villa is just another of these teams to add to the list. The only team that wasn't this way was Spurs, and look how that ended up. No big club has ever been in for him, and there's a reason for that, he's a decent striker at best.

Catenaccio said:
He scores goals because he's always the spearhead of an average side, every attack ends with him because nobody else can be trusted. Villa is just another of these teams to add to the list. The only team that wasn't this way was Spurs, and look how that ended up. No big club has ever been in for him, and there's a reason for that, he's a decent striker at best.

You mean like dzeko was at Wolfsburg?

Bent has scored goals. Can't argue with his record. If Dzeko's record is as good as bents has been I'll be happy.

johnmc said:
Catenaccio said:

You mean like dzeko was at Wolfsburg?

Bent has scored goals. Can't argue with his record. If Dzeko's record is as good as bents has been I'll be happy.
2008/09, Grafite 28 goals, Dzeko 26. When was the last time Bent had a strike partner who shared goals with him? Answer; it has never happened. Bent does not do strike partnerships, once he is no longer the focal point, he is nowhere near the player he should be. He's only leaving Sunderland because he's not the main man anymore, just like when he was at Spurs.

His international record also speaks volumes, Dzeko's is much better.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.