Dzeko / Bent article in Guardian

Love_Each_Day said:
I don't agree that Bent played best alongside Jones, they never really worked well together.
Also surprised to see on the squad sheets that we've had 5 red cards so far, didn't think it was that many.
One red card was overturned.

I rate Dzeko much higher than I do Bent, but Bents scoring record cant be denied, many of his goals were scored in average sides as well. His all round game isn't great in my opinion, thats where Dzeko has the edge, I think well I hope we've bought a guy who is capable of scoring the same amout of goals as Bent, but someone who will offer the team so much more.

Catenaccio said:
johnmc said:
Shevchenko. Forlan. Morientes. Etc
Lol, what exactly is that list there mate? Shevchenko and Morientes were well past their best when coming to the PL, I really don't know what you're trying to prove with those names there. I said the best strikers this league has ever seen have come to the PL and been a hit in their first season.

Henry - 31 apps, 17 goals.
RVN - 32 apps, 23 goals.
Torres - 33 apps, 24 goals.

Did PL experience bother the very best strikers this league has ever seen? No. As I said, if you're a good enough player you will do well in the league, no matter who you are.
i know what you mean about bents goals record, but for me, hes not in the same class as the 3 players you mentioned, but is better than the shevchenko ,forlan and morientes trio in the premiership, but to be fair those playerss have proved themselves elswhere, to me hes a slightly above average striiker, but im happy hes not in citys team ( watch him score 3 today waaaaaaaaaaaa )

We all know bents stats are impressive, but as well also know stats can be used to prove anything. One thing baffles me about bent and its this, he isnt particularly old and much younger than drogba. However when he came on the market how come only villa a club in the bottom 3 were in for him, how come clubs across europe werent lining up for him and this seems to have always been the case

My opinion is that Dzeko is better player than Bent (respect Bent but I prefer Dzeko). I think we should wait till the end of the game an than comment this article.

Hope MC wins 3:1 :-)

I think Dzeko is quite obviously a superior player - but Bent has a better chance of scoring tomorrow considering City's recent defensive form, and Dzeko's newness. Having said that, I SO want Dzeko to knock it in tonight.

Catenaccio said:
Shevchenko. Forlan. Morientes. Etc

Lol, what exactly is that list there mate? Shevchenko and Morientes were well past their best when coming to the PL, I really don't know what you're trying to prove with those names there. I said the best strikers this league has ever seen have come to the PL and been a hit in their first season.

Henry - 31 apps, 17 goals.
RVN - 32 apps, 23 goals.
Torres - 33 apps, 24 goals.

Did PL experience bother the very best strikers this league has ever seen? No. As I said, if you're a good enough player you will do well in the league, no matter who you are.

Drogba? Forlan?

And what are you saying. That if Dzeko isn't a hit in his first season he never will be.

The three players you mentioned are on a different level to Bent. But i dare say dzeko won't be as good as Henry as well.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.