Dzeko - How well did he play?

Dzeko's Right Boot said:
A little harsh isn't it? He hadn't played in a month, is still lacking match fitness and two games and a week of training won't fix that. Just be patient, by the time the derby comes round, he will be firing on all cylinders as they say.

Besides, who would Mancini drop him for?

If by harsh you mean realistic, then by all counts I'm guilty. Otherwise, your post was fair and I understand that he is still trying to adapt to a completely new system of play, which is why I said he needs to work harder. However, he needs to convert his chances while he's playing.

Amel said:
lol, I guess you are from the serbian part, praising Kolarov while diminishing Dzeko's game
stop posting before you embarrass your self

This will be my one and only reply to you, so pay good attention.
Learn how to spell and I'll take you seriously. I promise.

Thought he did okay, unlucky to not put away that chance when Johnson crossed it to him. Actually, we shouldn't be afraid to lump the ball to him every once in a while, who cares if it's longball, everyone once in a while just to mix it in.

Bolochung33 said:
Thought he did okay, unlucky to not put away that chance when Johnson crossed it to him. Actually, we shouldn't be afraid to lump the ball to him every once in a while, who cares if it's longball, everyone once in a while just to mix it in.

that chance was what he was bought for, stand up crosses to far post, thought he'd bury it - he will come good but there will be some adjustment as we're obviously moved players around a bit

johnson and silva playing so he puts dzeko on the left?

dont understand mancini sometimes

other than that he did ok, just needs to get prem speed.

He played well enough considering how poor we were. However, with kolarov and johnson both playing fairly well wouldnt it have been wiser to have him in the centre at all times whilst those two fired in crosses? Johnson needs to cross more, boateng is no where near as good as zabs and gareth barry should not be higher in the pecking order than AJ.

LoveCity said:
Maybe if someone fed him a clear chance like every other team seem to do with their players, he'd score. Tevez gets the ball and tries to run through an army when sometimes he could pass it to Dzeko. Silva's poor performance today is probably linked to the lack of clear cut chances for Dzeko (and, well, anyone really). We're so reliant on Silva for creativity that if he doesn't play well, we're in trouble.

Agreed, there needs to be a decent stand in for him. But, even Milner (not the same, I know) would have done better. That's what I find mindboggling, no attempt to mend the Silva issue -- anything would have been better than simply leaving it as-is!

Dzeko isn't Superman. No service = no goals
dzeko did not receive even one good passes from Tevez

he was brilliant, never got any service all game.

did what he had to do, only him and kolarov and johnson for 10 minutes looked like they knew what they were doin.

silva was a bit off tonight, kept giving it away, just not like him.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.