Dzeko - How well did he play?

kudos to dzeko for his debut...

just some remarks on his style because I used to watch every game of dzeko in wolfsburg.

- he's also used to get long passes and then scorin or makin free area for other players to come, that's why (I think) Mancini brought Silva and Milner in the scnd half, because they should target him with long passes in free area, that kind of game was also his big advantage in wolfsburg.

like tavez, it's difficult to take the ball away from dzeko when he is in possession of it - he has a good control - and despite of all rumours about his lack od pace fact is he is a really good counterattack player (see his cooperation with Grafite and Misimovic in season 2009...)

his mates have to overstrain him with passes because these guy is enjoyin every game and playin with ultimate passion...

...greetings from Austria to all mc fans, you have a great squad - I'am impressed... may this be your season, mc!!! ;)

Freestyler said:
to sum it all up.

Dzeko's second touch, wasn't a tackle.

that is all.
To me this was the key. Soft first touch, then a crucial, time-eating second touch to let his teammates run into passing lanes.

fc zeljeznicar said:
el_genio said:
Im laughing at the club that sold him for 25,000 because they thought he was crap. They must feel like they lost the winning lottery ticket.
Club managment at that time was more than crap.
Manager which put Dzeko to the first squad was sacked, and that was it.

u gotta know that back then dzeko was a nobody, he hardly played in the first team at zeljeznicar,...some people saw potential in him but there was no money and there is still no money to invest in talents so what zeljeznicar did they sold him for peanuts,..this is the bloody reality of bosnian football,...bosnian clubs and bosnian FA are heavy corrupted and they do everything for money,...dzekos luck was his trainer Plisek, his manager Redzepagic and at Wolfsburg Felix Magath without em he would have been a nobody.
zeljeznicar recieved approx. 2 Million Euro for Dzekos transfer from Wolfsburg to City so its not bad after all,...2 million for zeljeznicar is like 50 million for city.

Second best Debut I have seen till date for a City player.....The first being Vincent Kompany in the 3-0 romp of West Ham....And look what he turned out to be after 2 seasons...:-)

It looked like an average performance from a player who's been playing here for a few years, which is obviously excellent for a débutante.

Just gonna point something out to those saying Tevez was greedy in the game, and should be less selfish. Yes, he was. But remember, he's been a lone striker for a long time now. He's developed his own game to play this way because he's had to become selfish, as he's often been the only man. In time, they will form a partnership (there was a hint of it today), but this will take time.

Also, as others have said, Tev will get far more space to operate in now. Add to that Yaya bursting forward, Mmmmmmmm.

Different from Tevez and Balotelli.

Tevez's heart will trouble him now and then and so does Balo's knee.

But Dzeko's all about football I think Mancini has found the young Mancini in him. Good for them both!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.