Dzeko - How well did he play?

ElanJo said:
Hare said:
Thus far, Dzeko is very poor. Lost ball on two occasions and failed to score on Kolarov's spectacular crossing from left side. If he doesn't make an impact soon hope Mancini puts him on bench. He needs to work harder.

Hare come the knee-jerkers...

Rabbiting on...

Halfpenny said:
Bosnia said:
Dzeko isn't Superman. No service = no goals
Truth in this to be honest. A distinct lack of service meant Tevez had to drop back and do it all himself. Yaya, Barry and to an extent Silva had poor games I thought. Therefore nothing was being fed to the two strikers. It's why Johnson was brought on, and even then he couldn't work miracles if those around him weren't on form.

Btw, just to claim the copyright on that sentence, I wrote it in this thread first... :P

Seriously though, I am not a fan of Carlito's obvious selfishness, but there were some much bigger problems, if that is at all even possible, tonight...

Here's another formula, in order of importance from my perspective:
No creativity (Silva) + bad luck + terrible midfield + no clear tactics or timely amend to it + Carlito being selfish = agony of such a loss.

TFC said:
Is this where we slag off a cracking player that will bag us shitloads of goals?
Yep, you know the drill. The doom mongerers are out to play tonight.

I thought he had a great game, his first touch and vision was top class and his ability on the ground to get past defenders and create an opening was there for all to see.
As for his missed header today, of course he should have put it away.. but the fact is that is the only clear goalscoring opportunity he's had in 2 games.

blumoonrises said:
I thought he had a great game, his first touch and vision was top class and his ability on the ground to get past defenders and create an opening was there for all to see.
As for his missed header today, of course he should have put it away.. but the fact is that is the only clear goalscoring opportunity he's had in 2 games.

This is true as well. Btw, Wooney missed a much, much cleared header today, and I doubt anyone takes it as a proof of anything in "the other camp".

Had no width, Milner should of started and Silva been in the middle.
Both Toures played bad in my opinion, same with Barry.

TFC said:
Is this where we slag off a cracking player that will bag us shitloads of goals?

TBF, that poster 'Hare' only has three posts and not started off too well with his negativity. More than happy to not have more negative posters as we have more than our fair share already!

Ah well, 'hare' today, gone tomorrow.

OK, my 1st post on this forum, wish me luck! :)

As someone who's been watching Dzeko a lot from his earliest years, I must say he's at about 75% now and can and will get much better IF he gets some service. He is not a type of player that takes a ball, dribbles thru 5 guys and scores. I'm not saying he's not capable of doing it, but he's never done it game in and game out, no matter which formation he played in. He is at his best when he's playing with a midfielder who knows him and isn't shy to give him the ball in and around the box. In today's City I don't see a player like that, but Silva might be the one. The problem is that even him is not looking for Edin.

That much about Dzeko, now my view of City's game. I'm sure that many of you will dissagree, but City doesn't play like champion should. There are way too many selfish players in the squad (Tevez and Johnson before all). Don't get me wrong, I know you all love Carlos, and I always liked his heart, but there is a reason Fergie only played him every other game or so, and didn't extend his contract on time. He does not pass at all! I say get him a bag so he can take the ball home and play by himself all he wants. No team can ever win the championship with player like that being driving force unless he changes his attitude. Also, most other players play their own game, Johnson is quick and has great potential but he runs to baseline every freakin time and takes on two players when he can simply pass. Barry sells too many balls for cheap, etc... City needs another creative midfielder ASAP. That all being said, I'm not trying to put blame on other players while defending Dzeko, he should have scored that header, no excuse! 9 of 10 times he will, this was that 1 bad rime that took 2 points away.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.