Dzeko: it was only ever City

Balti said:
Ducky_ said:
I want to believe him but I can't.

If he scores goals and tries hard I don't really care.

What do you want to believe? That Tev, Balo, Ade, RSC and Jo were also all City fans as lads and only wanted to come to City no matter who else might have knocked on the door and no matter what money was on offer?

Get real.

What are you on about you muppet.

um, frankly, I don't think he meant to sound like 'yeah all my life I've been dreaming about city'. though his english is okay, bosnians generally have a bit of a more difficult time with british accents, as we're more exposed to american. so I just think he may have partially misunderstood the question (in the interview on the site).

but another thing: let's be reasonable, english PL is more highly rated than any other league in the world. yes, he does like ac milan, but if people expected to only sign players who support their club, well we might as well go back to the age of pele, and have everyone play in their town. but since we are in today and all that - of course he wanted to play with the best players, against the best players, on the highest level and in the best league. it's not about emotion, it's about ambition and professionalism.

but he's bosnian, now that he's there, emotions will kick in :) and if you knew the fields and circumstances he's played in, you'd know that he's most likely immensely grateful for what he's got now.
you surely don't mind if he only grows to love the club after he's signed?

(oh gosh I've only just signed up and I've started to write novels. sorry about that, won't happen again.)

EalingBlue2 said:
I think this is a lot of tosh, iany young ambitious quality player wants to play in England or Spain and I believe that dzeko did want to come to us as one of the more preferable clubs ie rags, chelsea, arsenal, barca or real weren't in for him.

Sadly juventus are now a joke, they were an embarassment in europe. I suspect every story about dzeko wanting to join them came from them. I suspect the fact we were after krasic wasn't true and came from them and I suspect ade to juve came from them. They are a joke and all they can do to pretend they still matter is to try and pretend players too good for them wanted to go there!

AC are a more serious threat but even they are I suspect not rich enough to compete when it matters.

But why city fans choose to believe the mirror or italian tabloids or rags over what our own players say is beyonf me.

Actually, his own agent said he preferred Juventus:

Dzeko 'didn't want to join Manchester City'
Edin Dzeko has stunned Manchester City by saying they were his second-choice club - he would rather have joined Juventus.

Dzeko, who is on the brink of completing a £27million move from German side Wolfsburg to City, had his sights set on joining Juve but saw his dream move fall through because of Serie A rules.

“Juventus could have signed Dzeko, but he didn’t want to wait until June,” said Petralito. “The clubs had already reached an agreement that Edin would be allowed to move in January.

“But the absurd rules of the Italian FA prevented the move from happening. Edin would have preferred Juventus, so much so that he would have been prepared to accept less money.

“Edin was prepared to reduce his salary by £500,000 to play in Italy. But he had to leave Wolfsburg immediately, in January, and he couldn’t wait until June, especially after having had an argument with the management.

“What has prevented the transfer of the player is the rule imposed in Italy about non-EU players. Juve already have one in Krasic and they could not have taken another.”

MirrorFootball.co.uk

Admiral said:
EalingBlue2 said:
I think this is a lot of tosh, iany young ambitious quality player wants to play in England or Spain and I believe that dzeko did want to come to us as one of the more preferable clubs ie rags, chelsea, arsenal, barca or real weren't in for him.

Sadly juventus are now a joke, they were an embarassment in europe. I suspect every story about dzeko wanting to join them came from them. I suspect the fact we were after krasic wasn't true and came from them and I suspect ade to juve came from them. They are a joke and all they can do to pretend they still matter is to try and pretend players too good for them wanted to go there!

AC are a more serious threat but even they are I suspect not rich enough to compete when it matters.

But why city fans choose to believe the mirror or italian tabloids or rags over what our own players say is beyonf me.

Dzeko 'didn't want to join Manchester City'
Edin Dzeko has stunned Manchester City by saying they were his second-choice club - he would rather have joined Juventus.

Dzeko, who is on the brink of completing a £27million move from German side Wolfsburg to City, had his sights set on joining Juve but saw his dream move fall through because of Serie A rules.

“Juventus could have signed Dzeko, but he didn’t want to wait until June,” said Petralito. “The clubs had already reached an agreement that Edin would be allowed to move in January.

“But the absurd rules of the Italian FA prevented the move from happening. Edin would have preferred Juventus, so much so that he would have been prepared to accept less money.

“Edin was prepared to reduce his salary by £500,000 to play in Italy. But he had to leave Wolfsburg immediately, in January, and he couldn’t wait until June, especially after having had an argument with the management.

“What has prevented the transfer of the player is the rule imposed in Italy about non-EU players. Juve already have one in Krasic and they could not have taken another.”

MirrorFootball.co.uk

This is not his agent,his agent is Irfan Redžepagić.Believing that his agent would say something stupid like that is pretty stupid if you ask me!

edin never said that, i mean wtf, he is your player now, you will see his commitment on the pitch, be happy to have a player like him.

selim said:
Admiral said:

This is not his agent,his agent is Irfan Redžepagić.Believing that his agent would say something stupid like that is pretty stupid if you ask me!

Not only that but EalingBlue2 clearly writes: ''...But why city fans choose to believe the Mirror or Italian tabloids or rags over what our own players say is beyond me.''

What's the response from Admiral?

An excerpt from the .........MIRROR !!

MCFC BOB said:
Dzeko: Hmm, I think I'll go to Juventus or AC Milan.

City: Psst! We have money and potential. AC Milan and Juvé are both skint and are both teams in decline.

Dzeko: I think I'll go to City.

this might be true,...and is nothing wrong with it,...milan and juve are world football institutions,...

city isnt there yet,...but i hope one day that city will become a relevant world football club like barca, real, milan, juve

So how do we know Milan was his first choice, then Juventus, and last City?

And if he really preferred juventus, he would easily have waited 6 months. It seems to me like more sensational nonsense which has no truth, its just easy to have a dig at city and their transfers. I see nothing to suggest otherwise. And should the first thing we call him really be a liar? Christ almighty, the paper are stirring up shit weekly, we really don't need to add to that bullshit.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.