Dzeko (Merged)

All our forwards (including Dzeko) have it really tough due to slow build-up play.

Look at Balo and Tevez lately.

Our slow style allows teams to always reorganize on defence.

When was the last time you saw Dzeko/Balo/Tevez with even 5 yards of space ahead due to (God forbid) someone's defenders being streched out of their position??

As soon as our forwards touch the ball oposing defences are ganged up on them. Good marking - yes, partially, but also this boring slow pass-it-around forward play that allows defenders to re-group and mark better.

I haven't seen a good fast-break by City since God knows how long.<br /><br />-- Wed Apr 13, 2011 12:54 pm --<br /><br />There is a reason whi Serie A is one of the lowest-scoring leagues in Europe, and why Italian football is often called 'boring' to watch.

The style kills forwards, and requires specific types of players.

I don't think the style is fit for the Prem, and I hope I'm wrong.

YOu know what, we have to stop bashing Dzeko, because everyone is thinking hes a Tevez or David Villa, no hes not. Dzeko is your classical striker, feed him crosses and give him good through balls for an 1 on 1 opportunity with the keeper, something we haven't seen at all so far. Its not Dzekos fault for not scoring.. Why?

1. We have never given him a good cross (except vs Aris and we saw how great he smashed the ball but the keeper saved the shot)
2. Silva, Yaya, or Tevez, have never given Dzeko a good through ball for a 1v1 with the keeper.
3. Every pass we make to Dzeko is pull it behind him and make him try to score on his own from 30 meters, instead of give him a nice ball in front of goal for him to tap it in like that Anti-Talent Javier Hernandez in Man Utd.
4. Stop fielding him against bigger teams where hes less likely to score, Sunderland was the perfect opportunity for him to net his first , but we fielded him against Liverpool.

I can go on and on... So stop bashing him and begin to bash the players that are suppose to be feeding him the balls to score...

Its all about movement and geting into the right places, to me he doesnt do this well hence him having no chances!

If his name was Jo he would be geting ripped apart.

He reminds me of a Ched Evans and nothing more at the minute.

Maybe with the plight with Dzeko will make idiots realise that Jo is not bad at all, scoring goals in this slow team ain't easy Jo is way better than Dzeko, no doubt about that. Felipe Caicedo is way better than Dzeko too, but it looks like the genius that is Mancini has sanctioned a 1m euro sell clause for him. We'll be lucky to get that for Dezko when we offload him in about 24 months.

he has been below average for us since joining, but he can make us all forget about that with one kick or header of the ball on Saturday. Come on, lad.

Andouble said:
he has been below average for us since joining, but he can make us all forget about that with one kick or header of the ball on Saturday. Come on, lad.

what does below average mean??

does it mean that johnson is a good player just because he is running like crazy but has no productivity at all cuz every time hes running he dribbles like he wants to go with his head through the wall.
or does it mean kolaroav plays good and dzeko is below average just because kolarov is shooting the ball towards the goal 20 times a game and every time he shoots the ball goes either 10m over the goal or 10m beside the goal.
or does it mean that balo is better because he acts angry on the field and makes some grimasses and dzeko stays normal?
there is no producivity at all the whole team is below average except hart,...
i mean come on look at the midfield toure, barry, milner, johnson wtf u expecting??? change barry for iniesta, milner for modric, toure for gattuso and johnson for ribery or robben and you will see Dzeko shine like the brightest sun.

We were talkin in the boozer last night and were split down the middle about who we would rather have up front on Saturday;

Balotelli and Dzeko or in their prime Quinn and Dikov.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.