Dzeko Not Happy With Current Setup - Quotes

TCIB

By ROSS GREGORY (thesun)

EDIN DZEKO has blasted Manchester City for using him as a sub.

The Bosnian started just 16 Prem games last term, scoring 14 goals as City won a first title since 1968.

And striker Dzeko, a £27million buy from Wolfsburg 18 months ago, will seek to quit the Etihad if boss Roberto Mancini continues to leave him out.

He said: “In the second half of last season, I suddenly got to start far fewer games — and I’ve got no idea why.

“I lost my rhythm. I joined City in order to play in matches.

“I never imagined that things would turn out the way they have.

“I am too good for the bench. If I continue to sit matches out, then anything is possible.”
...........................................................................................................

I can see his point to be fair to him, I hope he stays personally.

I can understand his point. However I don't think his predicament will change, so he may as well leave.

Until I read the full interview I will not believe a word that comic (thesun) prints.

I will never begrudge a player who wants to leave to play football, although a player who sits on the bench, stays hungry and doesn't moan will always earn far more respect i.e. a Zaba type player. Playing a front three could be an intriguing solution. I'm vehemently against a front two of Mario and Dzeko as it simply doesn't work but having someone in very close support might just do. Aguero, Silva, Nasri, Yaya, and even God forbid Tevez (still want rid) can play that role. I can recall that coming good for us on at least two occasions last season when we needed quick goals against QPR and Sunderland, so it could work. If he wants to leave though, I wish him well.

I really cant see a big offer coming in for him. max 12-14 million from a club like Spurs. i dont think bayern are serious about him and Milan are broke

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.