Dzeko Not Happy With Current Setup - Quotes

BigJoe#1 said:
Just leave the strikers alone... please!!

f_d723dbab7d.jpg

This "story" has all the hallmarks of a typically thin piece of football journalism. Dzeko hasn't "blasted" the club. There's no context given - ie what questions he was asked. And much of what he says any competitive premier league player would say. Instead of writing an article when they have something newsworthy to say, football hacks on national tabloids (and increasingly on the so called quality newspapers) know they have a certain amount of white space they have to fill every day no matter what. And they know that it's easier to manufacture a story at City these days than actually doing their job. Part of the territory as Champions of course - but that doesn't mean we have to give them any credibility.

I've honestly gotten to a point where I can't take any footballing journalism seriously anymore. When Man City got taken over by Sheikh Mansour et al, and we became a media target, the nonstop BS transfer speculation for both ingoing/outgoing players, its just redundant.

I make the same remark on Facebook/Twitter every transfer deadline day. It's the one day of the year where journalists can write absolutely anything they want to and pass it as fact.

sir baconface said:
I'm no rocket scientist but see things this way. Compared to RVP Dzeko is:

a) Already here and settled in
b) More robust, less injury-prone
c) A decent guy, well liked (presumably) by his colleagues
d) On less astronomical wages than RVP would demand
e) Likely to tolerate a reasonable amount of rotation
f) Younger, with a stronger sell-on value
f) Less talented but far from shite.

On balance that makes Dzeko non-corrosive and a better overall bet in my view. And compared to City's other strikers:

a) Well behind Aguero, Tevez and Balo in ability
b) More dependable than Tevez and Balo
c) Ahead of Balo on net contribution at the present time.

So why not keep him but give him a fairer crack of the whip on rotation? Particularly v Balo who is still immature and self-centred (although you have to like him!). And maybe some better tailored service too.

Dzeko's comments to the press were pretty innocuous. I think one or two posters have got them out of proportion. Let's be honest: City aren't a democratic outfit so maybe he had to drop a few fizzers elsewhere when he got the opportunity. He's a £27m international footballer with a 15-year career FFS. If he was happy with the present situation he wouldn't be City calibre. Better this than certain others who spring to mind, e.g. a chinless full-back or a greedy, loose-cannon of a striker. Wet farts in a space suit, those two.

Here's hoping the situation will be resolved.

Post of the week. Hell - post of the year when it comes to "Dzeko" threads.

peoffrey said:
bluethai said:
Agreed 100%, if it 'aint' broke, don't fix it!

It's not a case of it being "broke" - more Dzeko appearing to want regular first team football and us not being able to guarentee it for him.

Somehow I have a little kiggly feeling that RVP will be a damn site more demanding for frist team football than Dzeko, if it aint broke but you still want to replace it, lets have something well... better maybe?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.