dzeko starts

LoveCity said:
Nery Castillo on the bench for Aris.

Their starting 11: Sifakis, Vangeli, Guiaro, Lazaridis, Michel Neto, Prittas, Faty, Sakata, Toja, Bobadilla

Bobadilla, an Argentinian, is one to watch. Had a great goalscoring record in Switzerland (better than 1-in-2), didn't get the job done in Germany though, and has been loaned out to Aris. Sakata is a Japanese international but not a regular, just 1 cap.

I have seen many Games of him with Borussia Mönchengladbach, his ex Club.
He is an strong striker who also has good Quality touch but aint doing nothing for the defence. Also not fully effective.

Chick Counterfly said:
PrestwichPeteMcfc said:
I suspect they'll line up like this:

.................Hart...................
Richards...Kolo...Boateng...Kolorov
..............Barry...Yaya...............
SWP..............Tevez...........Silva
...................Dzeko..................
swap barry and yaya around, and it makes sense to me. silva drifting in with kolarov providing width. barry covers kolarov.

he's very serious about this cup, and i think he's right. we can pick up a ton of uefa ranking points.

Think that could be the set up too. Silva is wasted as a left winger in a 4-4-2.

I like this 4411 - or 442 with a dynamic two-man attack.
This might be the formation Mancini has in mind for the future and is using this game to work the players into it.

Great line up bit you never know how we'll set up with old bob do you? Glad vinnies got a rest. Looking forward to seeing how Jerome and kolarov do at the back and edin does up front, whilst hoping micah and swp can carry on from where they left on saturday

Manchester United fan in peace. Before you guys start having rants about how "oh look at how United fans are bored on their forums they're so shit" or "gtfo you guys are crap!!" etc etc I'm just asking for some sort of maturity por favor?

Anyway you'll prob also wonder why I decided to make an account on your forums so I'll be clear - Citys recent activities in the transfer market are interesting and this forum seems to be quite populated with sensible, realistic City fans so I thought it'd be a good question to raise a few debates about your team that were personally probing my mind - sadly I can't post threads to raise those questions and have a debate so I'm just gonna look for the most relevant recent threads. Also keep in mind I'm recovering from surgery last week so all I'm doing in my spare time is reading through forums.

One of the questions I had was about your thoughts on the purchase of Dzeko. I was reading through posts earlier and people seemed to have similar thoughts to me, was he really necessary and why did Mancini purchase him if hes not going to play him? Personally, I think it was a bit of a stupid transfer. I know of Dzeko, he's a massively influential proven Europeon striker who will aid you loads in Europe (highly likely to be Champions League next season admittedly) - however you guys primilarily use one striker up front - Carlos Tevez, and its been proven playing him with other strikers in the formation you use is normally ineffective. I also cannot see the City board allowing Tevez to leave, he is the engine behind your team and it'd take you a while to recover from his sale - Dzeko or not.

Last question which is eagarly burning on my mind, why do you think Mancini brought Dzeko when Balotelli is waiting in the ranks? Balotelli is quite temperamental, its a fact, however he is definitely one of the most talented young strikers in the world. That being said - hes made clear (mainly with his mouth) that he wants to be the world's best player and he wants to play. Hes already behind Tevez in your ranks as most strikers would, and I cannot see Mancini benching Dzeko over Balotelli - but Balotelli will want to play or he won't be around long at all. He isn't a patient player, he will be angry at the prospect of being behind Tevez and Dzeko, especially when you guys mainly deploy one striker up front.

What are your thougts, thoughtless buying by Mancini or tactical genius? He's definitely going to have to morph the squad.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.