Dzeko

From what I can gather from last season, Dzeko plays better when playing regularly, and Balotelli plays better when he's playing irregularly (i.e. having to prove himself for his place). Both form dropped when Balotelli became a regular starter for Dzeko.

I really am stuck in two minds with Dzeko. His attitude and personality seem great for our club, however his performances can see dips in form. I think he's certainly worth holding onto in my opinion. See how he does in the new season. It certainly means something if teams like Bayern Munich are in for him!

The best winger in the game at the moment. And one of the few players who transforms title winners to serious Champions League contenders.

Just maybe he needs to get out of bayern/Germany following their Champions League loss, and if he was available, I'd hope we were in for him. he's been at Madrid, so the number of teams who'd be able to compete for his signature could be counted on one hand

Robben looks trouble to me for club and country. Another arse who thinks he's bigger than the team he plays for. Keep Edin anyday unless better like for like replacement. He wants to stay and is great club man.

I do remember how awful some of dzekos performances were for us and how frustrating it was but the guy also scored some very important goals for us even in the last game of the season i dont think any one else could have scored a header the ay he did in those moments.

A great guy with very good personality, I say we keep dzeko and sign some wingers who can cross and provide dzeko with some service. The guy can seriously give us another dimension against certain teams and in general.

I'd love to keep Dzeko and get a couple of wingers who are good crossers of the ball, give us something else when we need it. However, if he wants a move it's not fair to keep a player, who could be scoring 30-35 goals in a system that suits, sitting on the bench. Let's be honest, he won't force out Aguero, and I think a system with one striker and three behind suits us best. If he stays I'm happy, if he leaves I'm happy for him.

German media are running Mandzukic stories today.. apparently, he made a deal with Bayern (3.5 millions yearly, was on 1.8 mil. at Wolfsburg) already and only clubs have to agree a deal that is supposed to be in 10-15 mil. euro range.

Could definitely see Bayern doing that, he is much, much cheaper than Dzeko both in transfer fee and wages.

whicko said:
Talkshite are reporting the following....

Bayern Munich will offer Arjen Robben to Manchester City in their attempt to sign Edin Dzeko, according to reports in Germany.

The Bavarian side, who failed to win silverware last season, are desperate to wrest back the Bundesliga crown from Borussia Dortmund next term, and have reportedly set their sights on securing Dzeko's services.

Manchester City are rumoured to have slapped a £32m price-tag on Dzeko, despite the Bosnian's inconsistent displays at the Etihad Stadium.

And according to German newspaper Bild, Bayern are considering offering Robben as a makeweight in their bid to sign the Bosnian forward, despite the fact the Dutch winger penned a two-year contract extension at the club in May.

Robben's father Hans, who also acts as the former Chelsea man's agent, recently revealed doubts over his son's future at Bayern.

"It is possible that Arjen is leaving Bayern," he said.

If they got that from Bild they mistranslated it. The article reads: "Hans Robben said it is IMpossible that Arjen is leaving Bayern."

WE DO NOT WANT THAT SELFISH ARROGANT GIT ANYWHERE NEAR OUR FOOTBALL CLUB!

Robben is an absolute nightmare. No wonder Bayern want rid. A one trick pony who caused all the fall outs in his national side.

If we sign him I will bring this message back in 12 months time - just as I did when warning about the problems Tevez would cause.......................

WE DO NOT WANT THAT SELFISH ARROGANT GIT ANYWHERE NEAR OUR FOOTBALL CLUB!

to quote ANY1aBLUE did you not see his attitude to the Euros he is moody and will cause dressing room upset. we do not need another season of that, yes he is talented but talent counts for nothing when you upset the team.

As for Dzeko he had a few tough games last year but if he is given a chance of a few run of games he could show his form we have seen and the ability that mancini saw when buying him. he also seems happy and able to smile and give a good vibe to the dressing room. total opposite to Robben

Personally I think Dzeko is one of the most clutch players at Man City. He has proven time and time again he is THE man for when we NEED that one goal to get us going, or to save the day. He just tries so hard to do it, and he succeeds alot of the time. If he doesn't, he kicks himself so hard he scores a hattrick next time.

He's a very determined character from what I can gather, someone that we should keep unless we can replace him with a striker that is ACTUALLY better (read: NOT someone like Llorente).

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.