Dzeko

Neil McNab's Tash said:
Phuket Blue said:
Dzeko remaining our 4th choice striker is far too much of a sweeping statement. With Aguero out he's already 3rd choice for a start.

Plus Balotelli will again test Mancini's faith in him to the limits this season. If Dzeko gets even a small run of games, which he will (if he stays) in the FA and Carling Cups, my personal belief is he will claim the 3rd spot ahead of Balo.

Good point PB, Balotelli didn't perform against the Scousers, his memory seems to have gone from the summer already. I would play Dzeko over him anytime, he has started his schoolboy antics already. My opinion obviously and some don't like Dzeko, I can see that his touch can be poor, all I would say is give him a run in the side and see what he can do, he started like. world beater last year.

I thought Balo was poor when watching the Liverpool game on TV, but Gary Neville at half time sang Balo's praises for the effort he was putting in and the unrewarded runs he was making. With the camera following the ball all the time, most of that was missed. Also, Balo has had barely no pre season, unlike Dzeko.
Not that I'm favouring one over the other, just pointing out that, on TV, you don't always see the full extent of what's going on, and the fact that Balo hasn't had his pre season proper.

What's this joke I heard on the BBC about Dzeko being 'makeweight' in a transfer for Walcott? Firstly that implies it would be Dzeko + £ for Walcott, and secondly, I wouldn't trade Dzeko for the headless chicken Walcott in a million years! Must be smoking some strong stuff at the Beeb.

omcfc said:
What's this joke I heard on the BBC about Dzeko being 'makeweight' in a transfer for Walcott? Firstly that implies it would be Dzeko + £ for Walcott, and secondly, I wouldn't trade Dzeko for the headless chicken Walcott in a million years! Must be smoking some strong stuff at the Beeb.

What if said deal allowed us to bring in 1 of Cavani or Llorente?

BibbyBlue85 said:
omcfc said:

What if said deal allowed us to bring in 1 of Cavani or Llorente?

Nonsense. Cavani and Llorente are not going to come and sit on the bench... Unless we sell one of Tevez/Balotelli. I fully expect the strikeforce to be Aguero/Tevez/Balo/Dzeko next week.

CityCTID said:
EaglesFan said:
samharris said:
Not one bud.!! and when this gets through to people maybe they will lay off a bit..

Trivia of the Day:

- Which other EPL club has 4th choice striker who has scored 15 EPL goals in a season??
- Which other EPL club has 3rd and 4th strikers who combined for 29 EPL goals in a season??

That's right. "sell, sell, sell"?? Dont think so.

It would actually be interesting how far back in time you would have to go to find anything like that.
Dzeko is the 4th choice striker and will remain that way, no matter how he performs. Now if he want to stay as 4th choice striker, so be it.

I don't know why being a fourth striker is such a bad thing for Dzeko, other than not getting a lot of games to play (he can still get around 20 games a season).
He's a shoo-in for the Bosnian national team (not going to get replaced anytime soon), he'll win trophies if he stay with us, and he's getting paid handsomely. So imo, all the major reasons for a player wanting to move is covered..

He can easily upstage Balotelli as third choice, if he replicates the form he had at the beginning of last season. Mancini prefers Balo to Dzeko (other than being Italian) because Balo can play as sort of winger/playmaker, something Dzeko doesn't do..

He wasnt 4th choice striker when he got those goals though so the point is a bit mute. He started as first choice striker and would have never been below 3rd choice with Tevez going awol.

It was on the City site(I'm pretty sure I read it there) that Dzeko was on "fire" before that match and had scored a hatrick sure they they would have started him if that was the case then brought Balotelli on later as he's a bit of an impact sub IMO

twinkletoes said:
Apparently Juve are looking at Bendtner now so I think Edin will be staying.

I think they will go in for him still. Bendtner is a poor player and if Arsenal and Sunderland don't want him I cannot fathom why the Italian champions would.

NipHolmes said:
twinkletoes said:
Apparently Juve are looking at Bendtner now so I think Edin will be staying.

I think they will go in for him still. Bendtner is a poor player and if Arsenal and Sunderland don't want him I cannot fathom why the Italian champions would.

They probably dont want to pay the fee and wages for Dzeko.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.